LET US ALL BE MORE UNDERSTANDING.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will bow out now (however ungracefully). I should not have said anything at all, but my perception stands as what I wrote above. No, no one forced me out of NN, but I certainly didn't feel welcome anymore. It's over and done with and I'm not going back to the Nest, but I wish everyone well that posts there and I hope they can discuss anything under the sun without fear of being shunned.

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

I would like to ask all moderators and AFs and undecided and long and short timers... Basically Everone alcoholic to help in newbies nest, we are all alcoholics... Focus on that. This not about power or your own philosophy or agenda. It's about helping the newbie get through one day at a time.

I was told that long ago there was a thread called One Day At a Time for newbies and seniors alike. It went well, them faded away. Maybe restart that thread for those who can talk about alcohol without having intense craving?
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

I remember those threads Al. Didn't matter where you were in your journey it was a real help if you were struggling through a particular day.

I found one from quite a while ago. Have a read through and see if we could start it up again. Those that feel that they don't have a 'home' thread found that they made long term friendships here just from having a daily check in and chat.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ody-38483.html

It can be started by any one who's first out of bed basically using the just for today principle.

Hows about it?
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Jackie,

Now that's a healthy thread!

I hope the newbies can find a home without the BS.

CT
          AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

i remember these!!!

wow i was here 4 years ago, for about a year , i remember these posts,,, i felt they really helped,,, each day as it came,,, v helpful,,, gee,, i hope all the members there are ok and well,,, some lovely peeps there,,, but most replaced with new different lovely members,,, lets start this again,,, probs be peeps in new zealand to start it off,, then australia,,, so on and so on,,, oh please lets do this again? whos up for it??
            it can be woeful, sad, happy, totally mental, estatic,, or boring, like what your having for dinner that day!!! its fun and updated everyday so very easy to do and jump in whenever you want xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            sweets xxxxxxx

Comment

thanks jackie claire for finding and sharing this xxxx

Comment

Jackie:

I don't know how to revive an old thread. Not very computer savvy. How about we just all go ahead and start a newbies one day at time -/start here thread (I didn't know what Odar was for the longest time). Or some catchy name and go out to recruit newbies. Have a brief instruction and what the thread is about and just start it? Should not be hard!!!

Library girl:

Feeling unwelcome in a place is just so unnecessarily. I don't know what happened but it sounded horrible. Sometimes it feels like cyber bully. Will you just come back to the nest Ro support us newbies? I would like it!!! K9 says she will welcome you back. And maybe they will treat you better?
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Well, who would have thought an entire community of drunks and whackos would occasionally run into tension. For those of you who are new here, this tension is always here and just looking for the over sensative to latch onto.
                  We are drunks for the most part and very accomplished liars. We are also very used to placing blame anywhere else but on our own shoulders.
                  For what it is worth, the tension on these boards is here because we are a fragile, unsure and struggling group for the most part and the longer you are here the better you can navigate it. I have never had an argument here because I simply choose not to involve myself in the bullshit. I suggest you all do the same.
                  I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

If I have ever made anyone feel unwelcome in the Newbie's Nest, I sincerely apologize...I am in there several hours a day and I can never remember a time that we were critcal or repremanded anyone for failing....We do offer some kicks in the butt sometimes but we do not make anyone feel like a failure. I have complete sympathy for people who try and try and try...I was one of them. The only consideration that has EVER been asked is to refrain from dangling the drinking carrot in the faces of those of us for whom it means disaster. This seems like common sense, but I guess it isn't. Maybe everybody's addiction wasn't as bad as mine...but from where I sit, the people who really want some help get it in the nest...and like Alco said, if you think it needs improvement the door is wide open. So often I see people fly in at the bottom of a dark pit...We try and hand them a rope, and a listening ear. I see people say that 'someone will be along to help you'....I try and see if someone will...and if they don't I do it. I'm sorry if you don't like my style...I'm doing the best I can. I try to help people get this horrible monkey off their back..not try to teach them how to drink better. We have a good time MOST of the time and we get serious when we need to as well. People depend on NN and I am one of them. If you want to make it a better place the door is always open. I would urge everyone to spend some time there, and see just what goes on....when I first came on board I was scared to death... I wanted to get sober but I had no idea how to do it. Lav was patient and kind and kicked me in the backside when I needed it...and I needed it sometimes. We do NOT enable people there, we help them. Long termers would fly in and say how wonderful being sober was but didn't bother to mention how the hell to do it. Thank God for people like Lav who devote hours to listening and helping. I am trying to give back, too....like I say, the door is open. Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Library girl

Renewal the girl who started the NN thread just posted in the NN and says anyone including moderators are welcome! Go look!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

I'm with you Dave ;0) why spend time arguing on a forum about this and that when we are supposed to be geeing each other along? Hey ho.

The threads you mention guys sounds good. Happy weekend to you all xxxxx
                        AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                        Day by day

Comment

Dave_;1400103 wrote: Well, who would have thought an entire community of drunks and whackos would occasionally run into tension. For those of you who are new here, this tension is always here and just looking for the over sensative to latch onto.
                          We are drunks for the most part and very accomplished liars. We are also very used to placing blame anywhere else but on our own shoulders.
                          For what it is worth, the tension on these boards is here because we are a fragile, unsure and struggling group for the most part and the longer you are here the better you can navigate it. I have never had an argument here because I simply choose not to involve myself in the bullshit. I suggest you all do the same.
                          could'nt have said it better my self.Look folks if someone is annoying you for whatever reason put them on ignore.If you dont then you are choosing to be annoyed,why would you care what an anonymous person thousands of miles away thinks .CHOOSE not to be annoyed just like you choose not to drink.
                          AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Dave_;1400103 wrote: Well, who would have thought an entire community of drunks and whackos would occasionally run into tension. For those of you who are new here, this tension is always here and just looking for the over sensative to latch onto.
                            Funny. I have been a member of several different forums over the years and they all spark debates and tensions. It's the nature of different personalities all having differing opinions on the same subject. While it may seem quite hillarious to write everyone off as whackos and drunks, I'd prefer not to be globbed into the whole one-size-fits all explanation you offer. Thanks.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Ok Patrick.

Hey, can you find a funny you tube video to diffuse this tension?
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Alcoholic;1400153 wrote: Ok Patrick.

Hey, can you find a funny you tube video to diffuse this tension?
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/video]]Argument Clinic - YouTube

done

and
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE[/video]]The Parrot Sketch - YouTube
                                AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Working...
                                X