Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LET US ALL BE MORE UNDERSTANDING.

What do you think my agenda is?

My agenda is to finish my last 4 days of AF w my buddy dangrog, here at mwo take what I have so far learned here, and hopefully find another alcohol online forum. This is my first one so I'll try other ones to see if there are other ones I'm more comfortable w. I may check back once in awhile to learn about the supplements and meds but probably won't participate in the forums again.

If someone is sending you PM s telling you that I'm preaching moderation, then you can choose to believe that person or not. It's up to you. Because there is nothing I can say or do to change your opinion of me if it has already been formed.
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

If you find a better site, please pm me Alcoholic.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Alcoholic, it's getting late but I'll try to reply. you are here for a few days for your buddy Dangrog, so being here for a few days and saying you are leaving, why would you try and stir up so much shit? Again, I like you, not starting any trouble here, just curious. You moving on? or planning on staying? LB, if you don't like it here why do you stick around? I just don't get it. I need sleep, have fun kids, I think there is still alittle sand left in the box, it's all yours. Nightie.
        AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
        AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

stumpy;1400241 wrote: Library Girl no ill over here. NO, this site is for newbies..there is a mod site, I know, I read it. This is a newbie site. Why does everyone want to confuse the poor newbies. Just keep your mod site and let peeps go over there, I just don't get it. BTW I like you and repect you very much LG.
          Stumpy, it's not about confusing newbies, it's just about offering them choices such as harm reduction. Abstinence works for some people, but many newbies who find this site after googling moderation, aren't finding the help they need to try other means of gaining ground with their drinking. It's not that one is better than the other, it's just that different approaches suit different people.

Comment

Stumpy;

The more I say, the more "drama". So I'll let it rest and so excuse me for not answering your question.
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Library girl: will do
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

This is the type of thing...that I don't venture off the abs forum very often. AL issues are enough to take.....but, all this nonsense....is just that.

I see a lot of 'readers" and not "posters".....I can relate to those who don't post. And sometimes....not posting at all is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Comment

stumpy;1400249 wrote: Alcoholic, it's getting late but I'll try to reply. you are here for a few days for your buddy Dangrog, so being here for a few days and saying you are leaving, why would you try and stir up so much shit? Again, I like you, not starting any trouble here, just curious. You moving on? or planning on staying? LB, if you don't like it here why do you stick around? I just don't get it. I need sleep, have fun kids, I think there is still alittle sand left in the box, it's all yours. Nightie.
                  I do like it here, for the most part Stumpy. It sounds as if you're the one unhappy with the discussion here. I am really confused as to how I've done something wrong by talking about things on this site. Are we not allowed to discuss what's good AND what's not so good about MWO? Obviously, things are continuing to grow and change on here, and hopefully for the better.

Nighty nite Stumy.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                  Sylvia Plath

Comment

I would like to say I have been a member for a long time. I lurk a lot, but have not been on much lately, I did manage 3 weeks AF, slipped and got back up only to discover my daughter, who I might add not that it matters has a degree in commnications, thanks to my husband and myself, is now addicted to heroin, I spent the last week with her, took her to rehab, only for to escape and find a way back to her addicted boyfriend. I came on here logged in and was appauled at all the bickering that was going on! Never in my years of MWO have I seen this type if behavior. I guess my point is after all I have been through lately I was looking for some support and guidence and yes some cheerfulness and instead I see this! So I will say good day, I hope you all figure it out while I go put whatever belongings I have left of my life that are of value in the safe I had to go buy today! And yes I am still sober.
                    Kdog
                    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Kdog I am so sorry for the added stress in your life right now. I hope you can find someone here that you know. Although I have not been here long I never did spent time in the newbies threads. I found a positive, supportive thread and I'm sure there is a place you can rest your head.

:l
                      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Kdog, Im here for you, call on me anytime and yes it has become a nasty play ground.
                        AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                        AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Hi KDog,

I don't know you but I really feel for you and the sadness which is happening with your daughter. Once many years ago our son got mixed up with some BAD NEWS BEARS and I, like you, ended up renting a safe deposit box at a local bank to keep some stuff safe...it was a very, very hard time in our lives, with much sorrow, fear, anger, and always trying to figure out what was best for him in the long run...just as you are trying to do with your child. I am sending you good thoughts, and good for you for doing your best to keep a sober, level head during this crisis. FarfallaP
                          . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

ty cantoo, stumpy and farfalla, sorry for intruding on the thread, I was just a bit appauled at people bickering over petty crap when we are all here for support for the same reason, and some of us have real life problems to be upset about...again sorry
                            Kdog
                            Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

kdog - thinking of you. so sorry for what you are going thru now.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

This always happens ps check my start date lol.
                                People can fight on the net about Justin Bieber they can fight about anything.
                                Chill guys it settles eventually.
                                "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                                X