Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here! Hi Everyone.

Welcome

Making that list of what you do not want (related to drinking) and what you do want is very important!!
    Read it daily...but add to it "I do not want to drink today because".....

This is a great program, great support and great tools to increase your HOPE.

You can do it... read the book, read the posts here, share and ask questions...

Welcome.
    Control the Mind

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

I don't know why I am surprised to hear from so many Moms. I don't want to say I am "glad" to hear from you Moms who are in the same boat. That seems a bit odd. But heck, I am glad. It's nice to know that I am not the only one out there. There seems to be an expectation of perfection from Moms and I have been hating myself for not coming even close to fitting the mold. I mean - we are talking sooooooo very far from it.

Any way - thanks again. I am ashamed to say that today is day 1 for me. Ashamed because I don't really know why yesterday wasn't day 1 for me. I started my day today by telling my husband (in an email) about the program and what I am doing. So the cat's out of the bag and probably won't be able to hide so easily now. For some reason, telling him means "it's on". So here goes...

A little shaky...
      :rays: mdb :rays:

Good at being AF. Not so good at Moderation.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

Great idea. Thanks.

I do not want to drink today because...

I want to be able to say "I survived Day 1" of the program.
        I don't want to feel like I do this morning, tomorrow morning.
        I want my husband to be proud of me.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

Hey must,

Just saying Hi and welcome - I am glad you are here.

It's a GOOD thing that your journey is now "official" as you will be able to get support from your real 3d hubby as well as all us invisible friends!

We have all been where you are at - so you will find someone who understands on here 24/7 from all parts of the world.
          If you need to talk to someone anytime day or night - just hop on here!

They are a great bunch, and the support and love you get here is amazing.

Hope you stick around.

We are all looking forward to getting to know you.

Satori

xxx
          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

MustDo & Domino

You both sound like great people!

MustDo, I have also been surprised at home many mums are on the forum! Like you, it's nice to know I'm not alone in this, and doing something about it now.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you and you do sound determined. When your Supps & CD's arrive, they will definitely help you with your goal so between now and when they arrive, don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up.

Doo
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

Yes, I was going to say what Doo said. Maybe make some small changes and do that for a while until it becomes more of your every day life. Sometimes it can seem overwhelming to try and do it all at once. Keep us posted!!
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

Welcome!

Hi mdb, welcome on board - great to see you here! It is because of this amazing group of people that I can say I've now been 11 days AF and absolutely loving it! Already it feels like a new life and I just can't see going back as an option - I've wasted too much time, donated too many precious memories and experiences to bottle after bottle of wine.

I too am a parent and just thank the powers that be that nothing happened to my daughters when I was not in a fit state to look after them. They're now older, but I've put them in frightening situations where they've had to be the responsible ones and I convinced myself that they wouldn't remember, that I was always there for them in so many other ways, that I'd be able to make it up to them... the lies we do tell ourselves...They now hate the sound of a bottle of wine being opened.

So first day af, absolutely brilliant - stick with it, and us, and you'll be starting a new life. Great that you've already shared it with your husband - how wonderful to have such support. Looking forward to hearing about your progress in the months ahead - keep posting, talking, sharing!

All the best, :welcome:
                :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                Goals:
                Days 1-7 DONE
                Days 8-14 DONE
                Days 15-21 DONE
                30 days DONE
                60 days
                100 days

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

I have two girls 4 & 2 and a new boy 4months old they are the most important things in my life. I need to stop the problem because I dont want them to remember how I am at the moment. we can do this together
                  "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

Hey maxman. You're right... my 3yo refers to my wine as Mommy Juice. It was cute when he first started it. Not so much any more. Sounds like you have a wonderful family.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

I am probably going to do this often... in the beginning any way.

My goal is to be 30 days AF. I feel like I need to be AF to do well in my upcoming races. 30 days gets me through 3 big races. I don't want to set myself up for failure... 30 days is a long time. But I feel like I have to do this not only for my mind, but for my injured, broken down body.

It's 10:35 EST. I don't have kudzu yet. I took 50mgs of 5 HTP around 5:00 and my usual doses of L-glut. I went to dinner with my folks - and kids - and watched my Dad drink a couple of beers. I saw several glasses of wine on trays mosey on by me. I did not start to salivate. I was quite surprised that it almost didn't phase me. I came home, bathed the kids, put them to bed, cleaned the kitchen, and iced my legs. Now I am sitting in front of my computer. I know I have survived day 1 AF. I am going to take some GABA and head to bed soon. My typical experience with AF days leaves me awake all night, dozing into strange dreams from time to time. Hoping that the GABA helps with that.

Hope you are all doing well this evening, or whatever time of day it is where you are.

Goodnight.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

Gday mate, the girls call vb cans daddy drink, what does vb stand for? Victoria bitter, vitamin B or in my case very bad!! good luck with your goal mate sounds great. had an afd yesterday but already blew it with a couple of cans of very bad. that will be all to drink but I am very dissapointed with myself cheers Matt
                        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

New Here! Hi Everyone.

mdb, hi and:welcome: I wish I had found this site when my children were younger. I'm glad you are with us. There has been an article posted about alcohol and the effect on muscles somewhere on the site and it had me sitting up even tho I'm not a runner.
                          :welcome:
                          I understand completely everything you are experiencing and wish you a great program and look forward to hearing more from you.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                          X