Starting Out Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Out Day 1

Well its day 1 for me just found this forum, have terrible headache and am so tired but determined to succeed. Starting a fitness regime tomorrow which Im sure will help.
    Need to do this for myself and my family. So sick of feeling hungover and having no energy.

Starting Out Day 1

Just wanted to say welcome. :welcome: This is a great place. You'll find lots of good support. Be sure to read & post and read & post. The Newbies Nest is a great place to get started. People just starting out & lots of support and going thru the same things. I'm sure there will be more people coming by to welcome you and give you the links to the different threads. I'm not very good at that so I'll leave that to them.
    Congratulations on Day 1. Good job on starting an exercise plan. Don't feel pressured to overdo it at the beginning. Just getting the alcohol out of your system is already a major undertaking. Be sure to drink lots of water. And let your body adjust.
    Looking forward to getting to know you. :goodjob:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

welcome Orchid,good luck with your quit,excercise is sure to help ,check out the roll call thread .I find checking in there helpful
      AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Welcome, orchid: look around the different threads and I hope you find your own way out!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Welcome Orchid. Check out this tool boxhttps://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html
          it has a ton of useful info!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Orchid, welcome and good luck on your journey. Drink lots of water. During my first few days I put fresh lemon in it as well, and drank lots of gator aid.
            Kdog
            Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Welcome aboard Orchid(one of my favorite flowers btw) You have found a great place. Many people at different stages of this awful beast, look around, read, and ask any questions you have.

Lots of people start out here https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

Good luck! And congrats on the first step
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Hello Orchid, and welcome.

This is a terrific site, where you'll get lots of support.

When you've had a bit of a look around, come over and check out the Underoos..... mainly Aussies and a couple of Kiwis...

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Thanks everyone for the support have just completed day 1 and looking forward to not being hungover tomorrow though I suspect I will feel pretty terrible for a while yet.
                  But baby steps I guess.

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Baby steps indeed. Have you quit before?

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Yes I quit for 6 weeks last year after I broke my leg while drunk (awful experience) then I moderated for a while but its become out of control again.
                      Oh well day 2 today and managed some exercise too, just so hard not to keep thinking about having a drink !

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Welcome Orchid I am on Day 8 the first few days are the worse. It does get better! I can't believe how much better I feel after a week. Tired of having that monkey on my back...

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

hi orchid,ive noticed that exercise does make a difference in cravings,real exercise not the walks i used to take,i do a stairclimber in my garage at 5 am push myself to sweat and when im in misery i think to myself"hey at least im not hungover!"you can do this.
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Orchid I'm on day 9, read the laughing out section at near bottom section to brighten your mood a bit!
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Starting Out Day 1

Welcome Orchid! You will get better and better! So happy to hear that you are formulating a plan.
                              I never thought I could do it but it is so nice to just live a quiet normal life without a bunch of chaos.

Just thought it might help to tell this after you mentioned your injury. A couple of years ago I broke a bone in my foot (NO IDEA HOW) and had to miss a week of work. Of course I made up a bullshit story. Scared me a lot!
                              So you are with friends here. Stay strong!

Comment

Working...
                              X