ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Here's a welcome return to an old thread for all of us. Wasn't sure whether to put it here or in General any here it is.

Just to give you an idea of how the ODAT (One Day at a Time) thread works here's one from quite a while ago.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ody-38483.html

So hands up who is going to commit to an AF day today. I am.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Ooh ooh ooh I AM THE FIRST TO POST!

This is so exciting ...... So Jackie..... Like what you have done with the place.

Lu.verly wallpaper and did you pick out the lights yerself, IKEA ain't they?

Still time to do a bit of cleaning before the new guests arrive. Dunno about one day at a time..... The poor old statesiders are probably doing one minute at a time ATM.

Will be hard to forget opening night! :H

AND I AM DEFINITELY AL FREE TODAY! But weirdly came very close for the first time today to buying alcohol .... Go figure

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Reggie that avatar is CRACK UP! :H:H

No Molls , I won't go to bed, nah nah nah

( I am alright now....always have my vulnerable time after work when I am hungry, add stress like today and the old thoughts return)

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Another af day for me too good luck on your journey to anyone starting out or in early recovery:h

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Thanks Jacky for resurecting this thread ..I have been here a long time and remember this thread .It helped me immensley in the early days I was a mess . Main lesson I learnt.. you cant change do anyting about 2 minutes ago or predict and be fearful of the three minutes ahead ..it really is this day this second you are facing !! you can controll your feelings on this moment focus on that ..bite ya lip and squezz ya hands close your eyes ..today is yours to mould into what you want ..dont feel helpless think in the moment bit by bit it gets easier just keep going every time you blink!!! I wont pick up a drink for this second... it gets easier ..just focus and stick to your plan!!!

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Ooo ooo ooo me me me too !!!

AF today ODAT xx
            Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Yeah, a new thread for newbies... I like it!
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Good morning. Sunny and chilly morning in South Carolina, but we missed all but the wind from Hurricane Sandy. Whew! Woke up (was woken up!) almost two hours before I actually needed to get up for work this morning, then decided to lie back down only to end up late for work!! How does that happen, grrr. Anyway, just going to go with the flow and try and keep myself from falling asleep on the keyboard.

Thanks so much Jackie for getting this thread re-started! AF day for me.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

LG:

Good to see you here. Stayin' AF too! Reminds me of the song stayin' alive! Same concept I guess...
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Sunny and cool here in south Florida, as well...how great it is that with modern communication devices, we can both be in our own little worlds, yet be aware that elsewhere Nature may be wreaking havoc, so we can send good thoughts to those now facing Hurricane Sandy up north.

Just as, here at MWO, we each are unique, face different challenges, but share this one concern (alcohol use) and are aware that we've each been given one more day to make the most of, as best we can!

Sometimes, making commitments elicits my rebellious streak ... but making to-do lists doesn't ... So on my list for today is, make more decaf tea to have as my drink of choice today. FFP
                    . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Really like the thought that "we've been given one more day to make the most of, as best we can!" Like it a lot. Today I plan to get a good workout in and choose not to drink alcohol. ODAT

TMH
                      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Question

Knowing everyone is different in age, body chemistry, amount we drank, etc.

How long did your withdrawal symptoms last?

I've been AF for 9 days, total about 13 days in the last 2 weeks or so used to drink about 1.5 bottles of wine a day x 20 years, I'm surprised that emotionally, psychologically I feel great, even physically fine, but my hands still tremor throughout the day and my liver still feels enlarged and hurts. (Needle phobia, afraid doctor will force me to have blood work)

Anyone w experience w shaky hands and can share w me when they finally disappear? Thanks.
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

TMH, you are such an inspiration! I am glad you are going to work out. My leg is still not entirely healed...I plan to spend the afternoon sitting in a comfy chair and playing mahjongg...drinking my decaf iced tea!
                          Alco, pain in your liver-sort-of-area also can be gall bladder problems. I am afraid of needles but have discovered that a SKILLED blood-drawing-person (phlebotomist?) can make the procedure pretty nearly pain-free...key seems to be, someone who has LOTS of practice doing it. You might ask around to see if any of your acquaintances can recommend someone... FFP
                          . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

P.S., I never had any withdrawal symptoms, except maybe slight insomnia...but fretting over my children causes that, too! FFP

Comment

ODAT Monday Oct 29th

Hii All,

ODAT. I am finding after going AF that the each day is so much harder to manage because now I'm aware of just how much stuff I need to get done. No more escaping for me. So, for certain ODAT is my life right now. This day, my boss agreed I could skip flying for a meeting today (would have to get up at 4:30am to do this), so slept in until 8:30am. Now, I'm drinking coffee, on MWO, and still waiting for my colleagues to arrive at the meeting. I plan to particpate over the phone in my pajamas. Today is going to be a real gift. And I will join you all in making it AF. My ODAT.

Seems a good mantra to help with my runaway anxiety.

Catbuddy
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X