My Story and I am sticking to it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a week of no drinking and I feel so much better! My story is this: I drank because I ocould and was bored. I didnt realize how bad it was till I started I doing some things I was ashamed of. I dont think I am a alcholic but VERY dependent on my drink of choice " Captain and Coke" . I need to stay away from that drink! One became 10 .. Wow! I have so many reasons to stop and I review them daily. I also struggle with food and smoking and will begin tackling them soon. I am going to Hawaii in January and I am going as a healthy and happy person! No turning back! Thanks for all your support! I am going this alone....

rr,i know how you feel,id crack open a beer for anything! sometimes not really even wanting it,now im doing the same with cigs,i wont even want one,but there i go! at least you have hawaii for motivation,lucky!!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Welcome Roadrunner!

I hope you don't feel alone here. So many kind and supportive people here. Spend some time just exploring the site. There's tons of helpful information available. Many helpful strategies that you can get lots of feedback on. What's worked (or not) for many different people. One size does not fit all here, thank goodness.

It's funny how you mention your drink of choice. I remember a man from my years kicking around AA, who could take or leave a beer or a glass of wine and not want more, but a glass of Jack Daniels and all bets were off. It was total disaster for him.

Best of luck and let us know how you are doing.

Hello to Paulywogg, too.
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Welcome roadrunner and great job on your first week. I think many of us probably have a special weakness for our drink of choice. I always have a bottle of wine in the fridge for cooking, and I'm never even tempted to actually drink it even though it's just sitting there whenever I open the door. But if that were a bottle of whisky I'd easily get those drinking pangs. I've never been a wine drinker so it just doesn't even register as booze to me in that way.

Comment

Working...
        X