GOODBYE AND THANKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOODBYE AND THANKS

So I'm off.I dont like the bullying that goes on here.Sweetlips uk and kb1 imo were treated appallingly here and all they did was come on looking for help ,instead they were treated to name calling (trolls)insinuation (they are the same person)and in sweets case downright abuse (mentally ill).I ,like most people here found sweets style of posting irritating and overpowering BUT she was here looking for help and got very little ,to the point where both she and kb1 were bullied off the board.I accept it was a tiny minority of the mostly wonderful helpful posters here(stand up and take a bow Birdy and K9)but the lack of support against the blatant self righteous cadre disappointed me.So I shall take myself elsewhere.Thanks to all of you who gave me help, support and encouragement in my journey for sobriety.3 weeks today and going strong. especially you Birdlady ,you were my rock.
    Patrick :thanks: :goodjob:
    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Patrick ,

We spoke in PM yesterday and I saw what transpired today.

You are three weeks in and have done well, but I counsel you not to leave now. You know there are really nice people here and right now you still need the support.

When you step outside the nest you are basically back into the world of the good the bad and the downright disgusting bullies. They never say anything alone but in a gang, whoa can they be nasty!

When I was at a similar point as you I had a minor fallout and wanted to leave but I realised it was just a symptom of recovering. We are fragile.

I know how you feel and you know I felt the same about the awful bullying that went on BUT this is an Internet forum and sometimes this happens.

You know you are right cos the thread got taken down. Don't now throw the baby out with the bath water.

Use the nest, find a thread with good people on and settle in. These daily check ins protect our sobriety.

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Patrick,

Bullies are everywhere. No matter where you go, someone will be looking to exploit the weakness of another in order to increase their own self-worth. In most cases, these are the truly weak. They are crying out by putting down. It's a form of hiding and denial. Ignoring is the best way to turn them around. They thrive on attention.
      As new as I am here, I have seen a great group of caring supporters who are able to pull together in spite of such ridiculous action. I ask that you stay. Whether you know it or not, you are important stone in our wall. Please reconsider.

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

If all the caring people like you leave, where does that leave us.? I agree with the previous responses, whatever you do decide I wish you well.

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

...Patrick, hope you change your mind. I felt the same and went and joined a similar on-line community only to find the same stuff going on....
          You come across as sensitive and caring and we could do with more of that.......
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Patrick dont leave...
            gosh I work for a bully...just have to look for the good folks here..only been here a month or so and I am just looking for the good and ignoring the rest...wish i could do that with boss...
            Dottie..
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Patrick, your post brought me to tears. You can trust me when I say I know what you mean!! This place is important and YOU are important to us. Your steady progress was a highlight in my day and then you added links!! Stay in the nest, that's the safest place I know...you will find recovery there...I sure did. Please "don't let the bastards get you down"...that was told to me when I wrote a post similar to yours and I stayed (MICK!!) Boy am I glad I did. People come and go, but if you are serious about your recovery, please don't leave us. Your posts matter. Stay close to the nest. You are just days away from your hard earned hat!! Your fan, B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Selfishly, I don't want you to go.

You can make me chuckle. I appreciate people who can make me chuckle.

Chuckling (as opposed to chucking) helps me get through the day. By that reckoning, you were one of those folks who helped me get through the day.

I hope you stay, bud.

RC

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Patrick, I hope you reconsider, and appologize I didn't get to know you. I was gone for a month (a) due to the fact that I had company in town (b) my daughter has an illness. I noticed these things when I came back on but, also noted a lot of people that could use my incouragement, so I pulled up my whiney pants and hope to carry on. I hope you stick around and I get to know you too. 3 weeks is awesome so please stick around!
                  Kdog
                  Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Patrick,

Please don't leave...if you go, the bullies win. Life is full of ups and downs and it's no different in the virtual world. If we don't feed them, they die. Please reconsider and stay...please?

K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Patrick,
                      I wholeheartedly agree with Byrdlady..dont let yourself be beaten or give up because of some narrowminded peoples conceptions of being smart... Dont take it to heart..there is a much greater enemy to be fought than that..this site is about helping each other and at some stage we all need it...reconsider your options, not only for your own benefit but also for others that do and will need it..I remember when I was in the army..at one point it was pretty tough going and I was given this advice..which I heed even to this day..apologies ladies..but in your case Patrick it would apply..F..k em, they cant kill you and they cant make you pregnant!!

Got to be your call

Mick
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Hi friends,thank you all for your kind wishes and support.first let me say I am not sensitive and my feelings were not hurt.I just get pissed off by bullies and stand up to them whenever I see them.As for leaving ,I just cant be arsed hanging around where they are.But on reflection and good counsel(from you lot) why should I leave somewhere that has helped me make the most significant change in my life in 20 years because of a minute section of bullies on an other wise wonderful supportive community.So as Mick said F**k 'em the can't kill me and they certainly can't get me pregnant. :H
                        thank you
                        PATRICK
                        AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Woohoo, good on ye' big lad!!!!! Now, let's kick some ass!!!!
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Great news Patrick, and great advice from all, I love it daisy, Lets kick some ass:H
                            Kdog
                            Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

GOODBYE AND THANKS

Good decision..Bill..aka Mick :H:H:H
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                              X