When

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When

When to start that goal of non drinking ..................

I waited till after my recent holiday but almost wished i had started before as i drank a fair bit and came back stuffed

So now i think start nov 1 but then i have a concert coming up , how on earth can i go to see a gig straight , and then theres going away the weekend after next how can i not drink then we all ways arrive and open the wine and beer , then there is xmas and all the partys fast approaching , so should i wait till 1 jan 2013 and do a dry year ...............................

Who knows When just my cuppa joe for the day

When

hi time is,i totally understand the hplidays are coming its gonna be so hard not to drink! tomorrows halloween and we usually sit in the driveway handing out candy and drink beers,i was thinking nov 1,TRY til thanksgiving ugh its a depressing mess for me!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

When

It's a bit like wanting something and not wanting it at the same time and with as much desperation.....if you get what I mean.
      We know what alcohol does, what it steals away, the hangovers, lack of motivation, the ugliness of it all, so we want rid of it.
      Yet at the same time, you can't imagine a night without it (yet!!!), without the satisfaction of knowing the first drink is on its way, knowing we won't have the same craic without it, without that confidence crutch, old pal alcohol.
      There will just come a day, hopefully, when one outweighs the other and you will know. Some have to get a real rock bottom first, others a few cringe-worthy memories(or none - worse!), some trust in the experience of others and go for it anyway....
      We could all tell you 'when' but ultimately you will decide because you have to want it......
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

When

i'm excited for my first sober halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, and new year in a loooong time.
        10-06-2012

Comment

When

i was sober for my birthday in sept.that was actually pretty cool!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

When

I went to see the same band sober and drunk (not on the same night!) and I enjoyed the event much more sober. I feel the whole thing passed me by in a blur the night I saw them when I'd had quite a few. Sober, they were awesome and I soaked up the atmosphere and didn;t miss a thing, drunk, I might as well have not been there!
            Honour Thyself

Comment

Working...
            X