ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Is that better. ODAAT (One Day at a Time) some how doesn't look right to me but never mind it's all the same in the grand scheme of things.

So it's Halloween so who's going to put there hand in the air like you just don't care for an AF Halloween.

Happy Halloween to all.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Happy Halloween peeps!

JC what about One Day At An Abstaining Alcohol Aficionado's Accepted Time?

Just a thought.

Either way, I'll have an ODAT / ODAAT / ODAAAAAAT

RC

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

mollyka;1402785 wrote: D'ya want an 'A dendum' to that RC:H:H
      :H:H:H

Touche

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Evening all.....Halloween almost over.

For me it was most dull now my baby is a teenager and too old for such childish things.............. Sigh.

Everyone have a lovely AF Halloween !

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

JC..that was nearly there as a poem

So its Halloween,
          Whos gonna be seen ,
          With their hand in the air,
          Like they just dont care

Another day for me ,
          thats what I think,
          Doesnt really matter,
          Cant be arsed with drink,

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Good morning:

Have a happy and safe halloween!

Working all day, then taking kids out Trick or treating. Then going to bed. Gonna be a long day...
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Mick;1402827 wrote: JC..that was nearly there as a poem

So its Halloween,
              Whos gonna be seen ,
              With their hand in the air,
              Like they just dont care

Another day for me ,
              thats what I think,
              Doesnt really matter,
              Cant be arsed with drink,

Liking the poetry Mick :H

Definitely an AF Halloween for me - trick or treating tonight with the sproggats - anyine wanna borrow me face lol ??? :H
              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Good morning! I am taking it one day at a time too...some days I am not AF, so do I skip this thread?

AF day for me, no kids to take trick-or-treating and definitely no candy to give out to strangers...as I'm not eating sugar, AND no one, trust me, wants to hear the god-awful racket my dogs make every single flipping time the doorbell rings.:H

Hope Everyone has an awesome day!

Is this too big?:H:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Happy Halloween! My hand is in the air for an AF Halloween! I'm happy to join you all.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

LibraryGirl,

It doesn't seem to big to me...rather like a special Halloween card! Thanks! My last day to eat candy corn,...until next year... FFP
                    . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

I'm planning an AF Halloween!

LG, dogs are funny that way. They always think the doorbell ringing is for them. What a life. Love the card!

FF - 8 month old gd was dressed like a piece of candy corn last year. She wasn't yet eating candy but got very sick on Halloween night. Wonder what she will be tonite. Going to skype tomorrow night so will find out.

Here's to a great AF Day!

TMH
                      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Happy Halloween, ALL!

Jackie, I almost started the thread as I was up with a wicked (appropriate for today!) cough in the wee hours. I would call it "One Day At a Time-Nov 1" rather than the acronym, which I fear many (like me until very recently) don't figure it out!

My hand is up and waving. I will be AF again today.

I don't know that Halloween was ever a real reason to drink, well maybe back in College, when we had some pretty interesting Halloween parties. I remember one in particular where we were mixing the second batch of "VAT" which was grain alcohol with fruits and fruit juice. (It was made in a big container called a vat, thus the name) My buddy and I had added the grain alcohol to the ice and fruit, but hadn't added the fruit juice mix and water yet, but people started drinking it before we could do so. OMG!!

My plans for this evening are to get the little guys in their Batman and Robin onezies, then take them to a few neighbor's doors for trick or treat. Wifey and I will, of course, either give out or eat the candy since they're not old enough! Then we'll watch a scarey movie after we get them down. No booze, just a little fun sharing the joy of the infants with some of the neighbors.

Have a great day, all!

D
                        Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                        When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

D the costumes for the twins sound adorable! I remember too making (and drinking) those huge "Vats" of spiked fruit and everclear (grain AL). Recipe for disaster! We called it PJ, and from my research(:H), I've learned it started in the 60's and was called PJ for Purple Jesus. No idea why, LOL.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                          Sylvia Plath

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

AF for me today too. FF, didn't you start eating halloween candy a week or two ago? LOL

Comment

ODAAT Wednesday Oct 31st

Hi Everybody!

Leave it to RC to complicate the name of this thread. LOL

Hi LG and DfromCT! Glad to see you both here

No Halloween for us, we don't celebrate any holidays, but I'll put my hand in the air for an AF day! I hope that my porch lights being off will be enough to discourage the lil' trick or treaters, but my dogs will still be a mess with any activity outside. LOL

I cannot believe tomorrow is November...and don't we change the clocks this weekend? That makes for looong evenings. Early darkness used to be my "pass" to crack that beer even earlier. Now it just means I get in bed and read. I know you guys can hardly stand my exciting life. LOL

Have a good one everyone!!!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X