Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over it

:new: Gday,
    I have thought for a long time that I have had an alchohol problem, only just now I have realised that I need help. I am 32, have three beautiful children and are at risk of losing my wife due to the lunatic soup. I have drunk nearly every day for the past five years, not today. Denial is a big thing to get around. there are days when I swear that I will not have a drink but find myself pulling out of the drive thru with a few cans of beer as if in a trance. I am halfway though my second pack of campral which doesnt seem to do anything for me. I have had enough of it and need to take control. I am feeling better about myself now that I have gotten this off my chest. thanks for listening. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

over it

Hello maxman! Great name. You can say anything you like on this site, share your feelings and get stuff off your chest. It is a real life-line for me. Lots of good people to help, and just be there as it can be a lonely old business can't it! Welcome to MWO and read and post often. B

Comment

over it

Hi Maxman and welcome. You have come to the right place read a bit, down load the book, read a lot, get the supps and start the programme. If you truely want it to work for you it will. The people here are terrific they are supportive and very knowledgeable, everybody will help you were and when they can. Take it one step at a time. Know how you feel mate I left it too late and did loose the love of my life. Welcome and good luck on your journey we are right there with you. Kim
      Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

over it

Agree with Kim. This programme works. read everything here and hop on board.

wishing you the best K x

Comment

over it

Maxman...Welcome and glad you found MWO... the program is great... read the book and start out day by day....
          Control the Mind

Comment

over it

Maxman- Welcome. This is a great place to come for support and knowledge. You will be suprised how much it can help to just talk truthfully about your drinking. For me, and I imagine many ,you don't really talk to anyone about it,not truthfully at least. It's like a whole seperate life you have. I understand about just being in a "trance" and buying alcohol. I think sometimes you just want to drink so bad that you shut off all your emotions and even thoughts so you don't have to think about what you are doing and then you drink. There is a way out. One of the biggest steps, I think , is to just start thinking about it ,even if you are still drinking. You have to start becoming very conscious of what you are doing and then start trying to change it. I am no expert but I have learned alot in the past year that is helping to eliminate alcohol from my life. Keep coming back. Everyone here really knows what you are going through and would like to help. Aquamarine
            NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
            AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

over it

Can't add anything else that anyone else mentioned except:
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

over it

Thaks heaps, It feels great to be able to talk to you about this knowing what I am going through. I made it through the day yesterday without a drink, I know one day isnt a big deal but I am quite proud of myself and are detemined to make today an afd!! This site is a great motivational tool for me. maxman
                "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

over it

we're all here for you

keep coming in here, it helps tremendously!

Comment

over it

Hey Max and welcome!!! Aside from the Campral I really cannot recommend the supplements and the CDs enough. They have really me, along with a lot of other people on there. The supplements, particularly the kudzu and l-glut, really take the edge of those pesky cravings. Since starting the CDs last week I have had 4 days AF out of 7 without any "torture". It also will help a lot to know we all understand what you are going through. It isn't easy at times, but there is nothing like waking up feeling good about yourself and not wondering what you did last night you need to be ashamed of!!:welcome:
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

over it

drained

3 weeks ago I lost a mate in a terrible car accident. Speed, alchohol and drugs were involved. He was asleep in the passenger seat when the driver hit a truck at around 180kmh, killing both instantly. He was self employed, 27, just married last year has 3 kids 5,6yrs and 6 weeks. I have struggled to come to terms with this as his life situation is so like mine I have not had a sober day since 6VB minimum. yesterday was the first. I have since been having dreams of looking out from his coffin at the funeral which is pretty freaky. my alchohol councellor says (who I saw half cut) that I t would also have brought up greif issues from when I lost my younger brother due to a Bi polar episode 5 years ago. I have been working with her advice,,,, my hands wont stop shaking, And havent had any anxiety problems since. I just need to take control thanks you guys are great

Comment

over it

Hang in there Max. It can get better. Remember to breathe.

Comment

over it

I blew it, after coming home to get on the chat I went from a huge high ( found beer not enough to be pissed but thats not the point ) took care of the pang (craving) now down to a huge low. oops my 2 yr old had just spread a bottle of my wifes moisturiser on the carpet!!

Comment

over it

just found aa meeting dow the road on the net. Will sus it out let u know how it goes

Comment

over it

I'm so sorry about your friend. Gook luck at AA meeting. B

Comment

Working...
                              X