Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over it

Max,

I just finished reading through your thread and I must say I am impressed with your determination. I really believe you will make it through all of this! Keep posting and hang in there!

Noella

Comment

over it

I here ya - I am in the same boat! I am losing my husband if I havent already..he hasn't kicked me out yet but getting awful close, maybe he is just being nice for the time being until i get my head on a little straighter. Today is day 1 for me and finding this place has been a god send. We are all here and in the same boat - WE CAN OVERCOME! Keep your chin up things will get better. HUGS!
      We live our lives in chains and dont even know we have the key!

Comment

over it

keeping positive

Thankyou so much all for your support. I have just come home to do a bit of paperwork and thought I would check in. Since I decided to try and give up lots of things have happened some bad, but a lot of good too. I have better concentration, work has gone completely crazy. I have gone from having one apprentice, I now have 2 plumbers working for me and have interviewed another apprentice that will most likely start this week. I wouldnt have been able to manage this if I was still on the turps. I have gone from Being on the tools to actually being a supervisor. We have been working for ourselves for just over 2 years. I even did a job at the local brewery the other day ( I used to get paid in beer!) and had a coke before I left! How good is that! I have also organised a joint exhibition with myself and 4 other local artists to be held at a winery in Dromana over september / October. Just have to find the time to do some more work. My wife has also noticed a big difference, which is great. I still have a long way to go but as they say, one day at a time. I have found it really important to keep focused andstay positive, because as soon as that negativity creeps in, that is when we are most likely to want to drink. Thats all for now, had better get back to work.

Maxman

Ps hidden gem (your name says it all xo)
        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

over it

Had a massive day at work, got my MWO pack today that was so quick, will start reading te book after lost. Need to put on another aprentice. got a call from a journalist from the herald sun today, (Melbourne newspaper) THEY ARE DOING A PHOTOSHOOT WITH ME AND MY ARTWORK TOMORROW! cant beleive it! will be doing the interview later on in the week. It will be for their Home Magazine that comes with the saturday paper. I might be able to put my prices up a bit after that! Had a councelling session last5 night. It really helps. gunna go and have a few beers to celebrate! ( of the ginger variety!!)

cya soon maxman
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

over it

had a big week managed to get7af but blew it yesterday got stessed at work and gave in to the craving only had one beer but still dissapointed, will get over it, start again, I am half way through the book, havent started supps yet. staying focused most of the time. I have started to recognise my cravings which is a big step forward

Comment

over it

Congrats on 7 days Max, that is very impressive you should be proud!
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

over it

I did it again, how do you stop yourself from having that first drink, when everything is telling you that you must have it, some days are ok but it seems the longer I last af the harder I fall. It is so bloody frustrating. will start the cds tonight hopefully they can help.

Comment

Working...
                X