Visiting after years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting after years

Hi. I used to post on the forum off and on 2-3 years ago. I used to drink like crazy from 2000 or so until about 2 years ago. I slowly got sick of it. It didn't cause me problems at work or home but I hated feeling guilty and bad about myself. It has still been over 2 years since I got drunk. (I hate that feeling now). But, I still drink once in a great while. About once every month or so I'll get a bottle of wine and nurse it for a few days.

I guess I came back here for someone to talk to and emotional support. I really feel I can drink without going crazy and have been for a few years now. But, it seems like even when I have a few drinks I feel paranoid afterwards. I think I really have to stop completely this time.

I have OCD and am beginning to see that even when I drink just a few glasses of wine it makes my anxiety spike. I guess I know all this and really always have. It just feel good to type it and get it out of my head and on paper (or screen, in this case).

Thanks for being here. I guess I can use some support.

Visiting after years

Welcome back NewEagle. I think we all know deep down inside what's best for us. And at different times of our lives, I think, what's best for us may change.
    It's nice to have you back.
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

Visiting after years

Welcome back NewEagle!

I can relate to the crippling anxiety thing - it was awful
      My anxiety is gone now & there is no guilt or paranoia to deal with anymore either. I kicked the wine out of my life forever. You can do it too

Stick around, come join us in the Mothly threads for more support!
      Wishing you the best!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X