hi to all I'm just starting too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm from Scotland is there anyone in my close proximity? I'm still drinking I want to stop any advice would be good. Although I do know my problem think it the relationship that I don't want to be in. Been in it fr two n half years! But my son in it too n he is ten. I'm so confused need some help!

I don't drink infront of him but do .have like bottle n half of wine!

Comment

I know I'm not happy an I'm Trying to leave I've tried twice he not evil person my partner but I just think we toxic for each other!

Comment

SL, I am starting again, I can't count how many times I have tried and slipped back into old habits. Maybe trying to leave at this time is to much to deal with. If you are not in danger then try to place your focus on yourself. People will say 1 day at a time. For me on day 3 AF its still 1 hour at a time. Staying sober is a full time job. I think you should give yourself some time to get sober before you think about making changes. withdraw is a bitch and I know from previous attempts that after the 3rd day, the fog lifts and I start to see things differently. If you truly want to leave this man and start a new life it will be easier to make that decision when you have been AL free for a little while. Have a great sober day!

Comment

hi scots,have you tried the kudzu?it worx to cut your intake for sure,its true one day at a time,for me its one hour at a time also,sometimes i can be strong as hell others,not,but the kudzu does help even if i do drink i cant drink my usual,give it a shot.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Scots and welcome to our site. I don't have much advise on relationships, but I know that once you get a few good AF days in you will feel so much better and much more positive. Try some of the suggestions on here. Kudzo etc, they may help you with cravings.
            I know its HELL for the first few days. Been there so many times. Good luck on your journey and keep us posted!
            Kdog
            Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Scotts, Just checking up on you today. How are things going? Please keep us posted and ask as many questions as you want. I hope we can help you!
              Kdog
              Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Hi Sotts & Welcome!

You have many co-patriots on this site and I'm sure they will be along soon. I believe our beloved Sausage is from Scotland and her story is very inspirational. You can search her posts at the top of this page, over to the right under ...'Search'. There is also the ARMY thread with lots of people in your neck of the woods.

You've landed in a wonderful place. Increidble help and support. Just read read read and get comfortable (Newbie Nest is a great start-lots of new people and old timers to help there!)
                Stay close,

Hugs and heart

:l :h
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Scots :welcome:- also over on the AF Daily thread is Mick - from Scotland.
                  He is great for advice.
                  I'm sure he will also be glad of some Scottish Company - as we Irish sometimes gang up on him

9 months ago I also drank wine nightly and couldn't imagine a night without it !
                  Keep posting & reading and take small steps - you can beat the daily drinking bit by bit ! :l

Comment

Hi Scots lady..welcome to you.....yep there are quite a few of Scots and also of descent on here..good crew..works better if you join in.Think the first thing..in my opinion is separate the 2 issues..the relationship and drinking....not so clever at the Margie Proops stuff me.. but we can certainly help and support you to bin the booze..have you made any plans so far?
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                    X