Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find my way

Hi friends,

I'm not sure where I belong. Can anyone help? The newbies nest seems a bit confusing with over 2K replies and yet when I start a new thread of my own that relates to my interests I barely get any replies. I'm a mom with two little kids who's having trouble finding her way. I had a great August. I'm starting off again with a great November. I just need some support. I work full time but out of my home. Thanks friends. I don't even know if I belong here anymore.

Trying to find my way

Raven there is so much here to read and learn....of course u belong here if you want to...I agree the nest is very busy but I read what I can and respond when I can...no one says u have to keep up...go to the toolbox and look at the other resources....
    Welcome
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Trying to find my way

Raven:

I know what you mean. I got here 3 weeks ago and it does seem like everyone already knows everyone else so it's hard to kind of fit in. But of course you belong because we are all here to try to be sober and that's the most important thing. I'm a mom too working out of home. I don't know if you take any meds, but come join us at topamax thread. I don't know how to cut and paste the link w my phone, but I'll see if someone else can do it for me. Even if you don't take it, they are just a friendly bunch of people. One step at a time is nice too, just make sure you say you're new.

I hope to see you around, raven!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Trying to find my way

Raven, I too would like to welcome you, and let you know that we all belong! We are all here for the same reason, to support each other. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing. I don't get many replies either, and the newbies nest is just to busy for me! Dottie, a big welcome to you as well. Good luck on your journeys!:welcome:
        Kdog
        Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Trying to find my way

Hi Raven,

Nice to see you post again, and I'M HERE. Your thread was a great idea, and both Alcoholic and I responded. But it got a bit tense, so that may have led to an untimely demise.

Lots of great folks here, and I agree, it can be hard to figure out where to head. So I'll help you keep this going, too.

What has made it harder since your success in August? Anything you changed after that initial success? I know I got lax on my hypno CDs, and really felt a difference. Do you want to talk about it?

Week 5 is almost as hard as week 1 for me. Some days I'm moving along. A lot of days I'm plodding along. I think the ODAAT mantra is really my speed just now.

Please share.

Cat
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Trying to find my way

Hi Raven. Yes, the Newbie's Nest sounds busy - because it is! Many people are looking for help and the dedication of a few old-timers is what keeps it alive. Keep reading all of the threads because we all have one thing in common.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Trying to find my way

Hi Raven,

Nice to see you again!
              I am one of the old-timers in the Nest & do try to greet everyone!
              I always ask the newbies 'What's your plan?' You need to make a good plan for yourself to succeed. There is no one plan that fits all, we're all a bit different with different needs but we do share a commom problem ~ AL!!!!

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest for ongoing support!
              Wishing you the best!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Trying to find my way

Catbuddy;1405796 wrote: Hi Raven,

Nice to see you post again, and I'M HERE. Your thread was a great idea, and both Alcoholic and I responded. But it got a bit tense, so that may have led to an untimely demise.

Cat
                I wanted to clarify my post after re-reading it. I didn't mean things got tense between me and Alco - just the opposite. We seemed like moms sharing our struggles. It was the tangent on schools - not meant to take us off track, but I grew hesistant to respond after that. Nuff said.

Cat
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Trying to find my way

still learning how to use this forum...confusing.

Comment

Trying to find my way

Blossom and raven:

I have an idea but i don't know what you all think of it: Why don't both of you just use this thread to post how you're doing and questions you may have and let all the other members come find you here on this thread. When you are comfortable navigating outside of this thread, can post else where, then we will know you have fully integrated in. How does that sound?
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Trying to find my way

Hi Raven and Blossom,

Welcome to the site, yes I remember the not knowing anyone feeling. When I first started I didn't even know how to make sense of a thread, it was so confusing. Please come and join our great group of friends on the "New Here &Starting Topa & With A Question" in the meds section. I promise that you will start to feel right at home very quickly. We don't care if you are taking a med or not, moderating or abstaining, we are just a group that tries to support each other thru the daily trials and tribulations of finding our way out of the Alcohol Life in whatever that might be for each of us

Please join us,
                      Love and Pace,
                      Play

Comment

Trying to find my way

Hi Raven
                        It can be difficult at first to make connections online, when you are the new kid on the block. Everybody feels that way!!!!:new: See there's even a little smillie just for newbies
                        Don't worry about keeping up, on any of the threads, just barge right in, no one will mind. I don't read all the threads, because I have found a couple of threads I am comfortable on and I don't have time to read them all. But I think they are all similar, in that a group of people, with a common problem, get together and share. After a few days they are a support group and it feels like home.
                        Alcoholics idea may work for you, it's hard to know when a thread will "catch on" and when it will die off. Any kind of discord will generally cause a thread to die (in my experience). It's better to just nip that in the bud, if possible.
                        Please don't give up, lurk a while on several threads until you find a group you feel comfortable with and then jump right in, in the meantime don't hesitate to start new threads.
                        Best of luck on your new and improved life.
                        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                        November 2, 2012

Comment

Trying to find my way

You just sort of have to snoop around, and push ALLLL the buttons! LOL

You cant break anything, so just click on everything you see, pretty soon you will start to see what features you like and dont like.

Dont worry about "fitting in", just because a few people seem to know each other, doesnt mean you arent welcome to jump on in and talk to them, everyone is very friendly and supportive. Someone on here is going through, or has gone through what you are.

So welcome aboard, feel free to PM me if you have any questions, Im pretty well versed in the Vbulletin style of boards............:welcome:
                          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Trying to find my way

Raven2012;1405755 wrote: Hi friends,

I'm not sure where I belong. Can anyone help? The newbies nest seems a bit confusing with over 2K replies and yet when I start a new thread of my own that relates to my interests I barely get any replies. I'm a mom with two little kids who's having trouble finding her way. I had a great August. I'm starting off again with a great November. I just need some support. I work full time but out of my home. Thanks friends. I don't even know if I belong here anymore.
                            I know how you are feeling now, but let me reassure you it takes very little time to fit in. Find a thread outside the nest, a daily thread because they don't move as fast and settle in there as well as the nest.

I post on lots of threads but have my home where I feel most comfortable. I only started posting in August so in less than 10 weeks the whole place now feels like home.

Also remember that the early days make you much more sensitive as your body is adjusting to being alcohol free.

Comment

Trying to find my way

hi raven,i totally know how you feel!,i never go to nn,or any of the other groups,they all know each other i feel weird,i just read new posts,old posts,and i post if i have a question,or a comment,i posted a thread one time i really wanted to drink,and alot of older members came to my aid like guitarista,and nelz,and i dont even "know" them,so were not ignored,by the way i keep up on your posts all the time!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X