Newish and Starting out AGAIN, support welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I am a married mum of 3 children, sadly I lost one of my children to cancer 2 years ago. I have had major problems with alcohol for around 8 years now, but for the past 3 years it has become very problematic, its affecting my marriage and my eldest child is becoming aware. My husband has gone off abroad for a week and I am planning on staying sober from today. I have my mum staying over with me but she isn't fully aware of the seriousness of my problem and I don't want to discuss it with her. Any advice or support would be much welcome from people who have been in my situation. My intake at the moment is around 2 bottles of wine a night, I know, not good. x

First of all welcome, you have come to a great place :welcome:I only joined here about a month ago and thanks to all here and their advice and support I am nearly a month off the booze.Its not easy and I,m struggling with cravings at the minute but I would not be where I am now had I not found mwo.So jump straight in ,look around and welcome back to normal life.It takes time but even after only 20 odd days my life has improved a lot.So can yours
    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Mom:

First, let me say I'm sorry about the loss of your child. Nothing in the world can compare to the grief one goes through for losing a child.

I'm glad you have found this site. at 2 bottles of wine a day, you may need to get medical help to go off alcohol or slowly taper down the drinking on your own. Many members here have success w some supplements: I use L-glutamine and kudzu to help me. Used to drink 1.5 bottles a day until I read about these herbs/supplements and found so many members here doing well on them. Others have success w meds. Others just use willpower and get social support from this site

I hope you feel at home here and good luck!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

hi mum,welcome were glad your here i agree with alcoholic,you should taper down 2 bottles of wine is like equal to a 12 pack of beer i think,anyways its alot,to just cold turkey it,you dont wanna go into crazy withdrawal,especially in front of mom,can you see your dr? please keep us posted,coming on here is a great distraction from drinking,be well.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Welcome Mum, just wanted to I agree with the above, the first few days are very hard, but oh so worth it! Keep busy with other things, drink lots of water, and gator aid. I bought some slim fast shakes for the first few days because I wasn't hungry and needed the protien. Good luck and keep us posted.
          Kdog
          Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Mum, I concur with the supplement options. I tried many times to quit cold turkey drinking the same amount of wine as you and I'm on day 5 using Kudzu and I must say it has made the quitting easier this time. You don't have to buy from this web only, any good supplement store would have it.

Lurking around the website is also a great help - a lot of positive, supportive people who know exactly what you go through on here.

:l
            "Success comes in cans, failures comes in can't." Sign on the Mechanic shop near my place.

Comment

Mum, how are you doing today? I just wanted to check up on you. Keep posting and reading, and let us know how you are doing today!
              Kdog
              Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

wow go for it Patrick :goodjob: Mum hiya to you...stick with it ...there is bags of support here to help you on your way..so go for it :welcome:
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi mum, how are you doing? I have a very close friend who recently lost a child to cancer, the pain in indescribable, so your alcohol problems are totally understandable. But it sounds like your ready to face them, you have come to the right place, the supplements have def helped me I've had long and short! Periods of abstinence, long term goal to be al free. But it is a work in progress.
                  Hope things are ok this week for you p.
                  Fill your evenings with hobbies,reading, coming in here, do you like films? I've watched loads since going AF in the evenings.
                  Sending strength and support x
                  AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                  Day by day

Comment

Hi Mum of 3

I'll be starting a support group for moms in Dec/Jan for all of us mums who want to be better role models for our children and I'd like to invite you to join us. I'm so sorry about the loss of your child. Nothing can be more tragic. I have a six and eight year old. I have found motherhood to be very taxing but very rewarding too. To lose a child would be the greatest grief I could imagine. I hope you can stay close. Best, Raven

Comment

Working...
                    X