Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new. I'm not doing ok. I need support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I don't even know where to begin.

Hi Amethyst and :welcome:

What's on your mind?

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I need to quit drinking more than I want to.
      I just lost my job and I'm afraid that I'm losing my husband.

Comment

im sorry aj,its hard i know its a constant struggle,i responded to your other post this morning,can you try to at least wait longer to drink and take it slower?were here for you,no question is too small or dumb,never hesitate o.k
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll bet there's a strong lady behind these sad words. We need to find her again - she's in there, I promise you!
          Have you checked out the Newbies Nest? Read around these boards until you are tired - then do it again! You will be inspired by some of the stories - people who have crawled out of the darkness....
          Take your time but take a step forward and slowly but surely it will get better.
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Thanks polywogg but that's not working out so well.

Comment

Hello AJ, so sorry you're having a hard time. Just wanted to welcome you. This is a really good place with loads of support. Please stick around and settle into a thread or two. I think you'll be surprised just how much it can help you :l
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

The newbies nest is overwhelming and I gave up on it.

Comment

Amethyst Jewel;1406364 wrote: The newbies nest is overwhelming and I gave up on it.
                  Maybe just READ the newbies thread because they are all in the early days. You can post wherever you want, just jump in whenever, and keep this thread going also.

Just remember there are busy and quieter times so don't feel ignored and if you want something seen put a new post on and it will refresh it to view

Comment

I just decided yesterday, after much debate and consternation, to quit drinking and didn't drink yesterday. I thought I would be ok with this, then I remembered that a med I'm taking states that abruptly stopping drinking alcohol could cause seizures. I do not want to talk to my dr about it, maybe partly due to insurance reasons, partly due to stigma, and probably a big dose of humility. So I thought it would be a good idea to try to taper off. As you may imagine, one small drink of vodka turned to two, then just a tiny bit more... and now I am ashamed to even be posting here.

Comment

it is a little overwhelming,it feels like theyve got their own thing going on,i was feeling what your feeling 2 weeks ago,kinda depressed and had a hell with it im gonna drink! attitude,you just gotta take baby steps right now,any little bit helps,i dont want you to feel so bad
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Amethyst: what did you think about the idea of seeing a temporary primary doc that you just pay cash to see, until you can safely taper off your Alcohol use? Another option is talk to your doc about trying another antidepressant that doesn't have as much risk of seizure...but of course medical help is always recommended.... If you are really depressed, though, it may not be a good time to change your antidepressant. I just really think you need to talk to your doctor...
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

AJ......

Have you ever tried an AA meeting? Also tapering is hard, it is very hard to control yourself once you have started a way to help that is to only have on hand what you are allowing yourself to taper to that day..... If that's half a bottle of wine and you have a whole pour half out before you even start....

But again when mixing medications and alcohol it is VERY wise to seek professional medical help......

Keep checking in no matter how you are feeling or what you are doing!!!

We have ALL been there
                          And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Hi AJ- checking in with you to say Welcome :welcome:and you are so not alone! :l

I don't know your history but we all share a great deal here. Please don't ever feel ashamed here though I knwo where that comes from: It's so self imposed and stops me at least dead in my tracks almost everytime.

I agree with Alcoholic that if you are taking the meds and need to taper, I know you can find a medical professional to help you. There are alot out there, some suck but many are compassionate.

Read the posts here as much as you can. That made all the difference for me. Stay strong. There is a strong woman in there behid those sad words.

Hugs and heart to you,

:l :h
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi AJ. I'm sorry you are struggling, but you are not alone. We've either been there and done that, or we are currently doing it. One thing I've seen a few people on here say about tapering is to taper using a "milder" form of AL, such as beer since it tends to fill you up and may not cause you to binge. Also, of course, you should be mindful of eating at least some small meals every day, so that you are not drinking on an empty stomach.

Please keep posting and never feel ashamed of being here, whether intoxicated or not.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                              X