Can't do it anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't do it anymore

Hi everyone, just happened to find this site at a very low time. I've been trying to moderate my drinking but its just not working. I felt so very ill today - being sick and generally like hell. Whenever I feel like this, I vow to never touch a drop again. This lasts for a couple of days until the urge comes back and I seem to forget how awful I felt just a few days ago. My social life is such that it revolves around drinking, how do others cope in that situation? I feel so weak and pathetic.

:new:

Can't do it anymore

Hi Shanti,

Welcome, glad you found us!
    I was feeling pretty darn low when I found MWO too but that's all changed now

I started by downloading the MWO book from the Health Store here on the site.
    Also, take a look thru the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html, it's full of great ideas to help you put a plan together.

You have to be willing to make changes, possibly even staying away from the drinking friends for a while. Making a good plan & commiting yourself will help you reach your goals.
    Please drop in the Newbies Nest thread & let us know how you are doing. You can change your life if you're willing to do the work - we're here for support

Wishing you the best!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Can't do it anymore

HI Shanti...welcome to MWO...please don't feel weak and pathetic...:l

Lavande has great advice...

and truly, most of our social lives revolved around drinking...it's sad but true...and like Lav said, if you realy want it - you can make it happen...

My social life revolved around it for so long - I wish I had recognized then, that I needed to make a change...it wasn't until I isolated myself with my drinking...and it really started to rule my life before I decided that enough was enough.

Spend some time in the newbies nest and reading the toolbox - it takes some dedication to figure out a plan - but you can do it!
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Can't do it anymore

hi shanti,im sorry youre feeling so bad keep coming here,its a great place to be ,welcome!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Can't do it anymore

:welcome: Shanti10,

I did the same thing for yrs. Soon as I started to feel better, I'd be right back at it! I finally had to be willing, like others said change people, places & things. I had to have a desire that was stronger to stop poising myself with ethanol & love myself with the gift of sobriety. Reach out to others who understood, been where I'd been to. Plus I had to accept that I over drank almost always, didn't handle my drinking like others. Being honest with myself, stop denying the truth has set me free. I'm much happier these days.

The Newbies Nest is full of love, support, wisdom & laughter. Stay connected here you will find hope hun. Very glad your here!!! :l

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Shanti,

Ill give you the bit of advice I got from here that helps me the most.

Surf the urge. When the urge hits, distract yourself with some kind of activity....ANYTHING that takes your mind off the urge, and eventually it will pass.

It will be difficult at first, but it does get easier, and you will find that the urges start to come less often. Might possibly be the "fight of your life" but, when you win a few battles with Mr. Alcohol, good and positive changes will come about, not only mentally, but your body will start to heal and feel better.

Wishing you strength, knowledge and support to beat the beast, you can do it, if you really want it, I promise.
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Shanti: I hope you stay on this site and you are sure to find people who have gone through the same experiences but still able to get better and healthier. Take that step for your health please! It's really possible because I did it just a month ago and I didn't think it was possible at all. There are so many different ways to quit presented here , just find your way that will work for you!
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Thank you so much for your replies guys. I think I have come to the right place. Feeling better than I did earlier but once again wasted a day of my life. Nelz your comment 'fight of your life' made me gasp a bit but you are right and its what I need to hear. I just have to not cave in to the cravings over the next few days...

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Shanti: there are anti craving meds and supplements that you can buy over the counter... Use them to help you that way you don't have to do it alone. Check out the med section and download the book. You won't regret it!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Alcoholic;1408754 wrote: Shanti: there are anti craving meds and supplements that you can buy over the counter... Use them to help you that way you don't have to do it alone. Check out the med section and download the book. You won't regret it!
                    Thanks al, will look into that. I'm not keen on medication as I had some horrible side effects from something my doc gave me. I'm going to try the natural remedies though - probably need to get them at my health shop as I can't wait for them to be sent from the US

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Shanti, good luck to you. If you are fortunate enough to get a few days of sobriety, you will not believe how good you feel.
                      Love and Peace,
                      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Read, read, read, post, post,post. Writing this stuff down makes it REAL for your brain and gets you into acceptance. Then you can begin quitting and healing.

This problem can make you feel so alone, coming here makes it a lot less lonely ........ And remember around 7% of the worlds adult population of 5.25 BILLION are alcoholics! Doesn't feel quite so lonely any more ....... Just part of the human race with a common human problem you CAN fix eh?

( that is Approx 360781935 alcoholics worldwide and that doesn't even count heavy/problem drinkers ....... Suddenly I don't feel so special :H:H)

Comment

Can't do it anymore

OK, have got the supplements, will download the book in a moment and have also got a hypnosis app. It was good not waking up with a hangover today.

The danger time for me would be tomorrow when I feel better enough to have a drink and my friend is taking me out for dinner - I told him I wouldnt be drinking. He would try and persuade me, not because he's unsympathetic but he knows I like (love) it and no-one has any idea I have a big problem. I will deal with telling them about all that later - I told him I was on antibiotics.

I am feeling very positive; make that determined. Thanks for your support x

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Hi, Shanti:

Good luck! You sound better! I hope you can avoid that drink tomorrow but read about the supplements to prepare yourself too.
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Hi Shanti ..youve come to the right place..welcome jump in ..join in have fun at the same time
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                              X