Can't do it anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't do it anymore

So I made it! It was so hard saying no to a drunk at the restaurant and my friend bought me a belated birthday gift of champagne too. I had to tell him that alcohol makes me sick now so I couldn't have it. I listened to a hypnosis cd before I went out, took the supps and watched rain in my heart for the 4th time. I know it's early days but I am pleased with myself for getting thro this evening

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Shanti:

I'm sure that was hard to do but aren't you proud of yourself now looking back that you didn't drink? The first few days are tough because of the changing of habits and also the physical withdrawals. But you are on the right path.... Just keep trying no matter what... Good hard work!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Alcoholic;1409637 wrote: Shanti:

I'm sure that was hard to do but aren't you proud of yourself now looking back that you didn't drink? The first few days are tough because of the changing of habits and also the physical withdrawals. But you are on the right path.... Just keep trying no matter what... Good hard work!
        Thanks Al, feel very good today :thumbs:

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Well done Shanti, keep it up.

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Well done Shanti.......continue to stay strong in these early days, and you'll soon be able to flex your muscles and tell AL to kindly leave you alone!! :goodjob:
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Can't do it anymore

great job shanti! thats one of my hard situations,cuz we used to drink like 4 beers before eating when wed go out! keep it up!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Can't do it anymore

:thanks: I really appreciate your support - this is the first time I have ever had any support. My Doctor was pretty useless - first time I went to see her, she never followed up - the second time she looked at me like I was the most disgusting thing so I got a bit assertive and told her I wanted meds :sigh:

No cravings so far, just a little twinge which I replaced with a vision of me laying on the bathroom floor hating myself.

Got a party coming up on Thursday with a drinks reception so thats my next big hurdle - am feeling pretty determined right now though.

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Shanti:

I can tell you are a planner! You plan ahead and know your danger times and that's great! Just get ready in the next few days, maybe take some non-alcoholic drinks w you if you need to. Take your supplements. Have a great time!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Hi Shanti,

I'm new here to and I think we have the same problem. All this time thinking I can control my alcohol but it never happens once I start my personality changes and its destroying my family. So Ive decided to stop and I hope I stop for good.

Comment

Can't do it anymore

Hi Phil, yes I think we just have to come to terms with the fact that we cant moderate. I would often wake up and think 'Oh god, who did I upset last night' added to that I was a grumpy cow with a hangover too - its a wonder I have any friends left.

The good news is that I resisted the urge last night at a champagne reception/party - which was free too! I did psyche myself up beforehand. My friends were all drinking and I had cranberry juice. I left early as it probably wasnt as much fun as usual without the booze - but then again laying in bed all day puking up isnt a bundle of laughs either. To be honest, I think the hard drinking would have started through boredom (or the need to do something) at some of these events. I would definitely have polished off 2 maybe 3 bottles.

I am going to have to learn to get used to going out without the booze. I am on meds again now as well which really seem to help the cravings, its been a week now and I feel so much better - great in fact I know its early days and there will be times when I want a drink, but I am going to try my hardest to stay positive. I have to.

Last night when my friends were drinking, I looked at their glasses and thought, 'You see fun and relaxation in that glass, (bless 'em) whereas I am seeing death'

I found this to be a great place to find support as a newbie, Phil. Im sure you can make it, nothing is worth losing your family over. Best of luck :l

Comment

Working...
                      X