had enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had enough

totally unhappy. I work 60 hours a week in a job I hate to support my family which I love dearly. get to the wkend drink myself silly to become Mr short tempered and have a rubbish wkend shouting at kids. just had enough of going thru the same cycle wk after wk what's the point? they deserve better than me
    AF since 12/11/12

had enough

ps I'm not violent never have or will be. just seem to b permanently stressed. drinking used to help, doesn't anymore
    AF since 12/11/12

Comment

had enough

Drinking is the CAUSE of your stress D. I think you know it and just want to be told it.

When you are drinking you feel like you NEED it to cope with the awful job ...... But the truth is it makes the awful job worse and ruins what little IS good, your home and kids.

Try quitting for a while and just see how much better it all gets .........all you have gotta do is love your family and yourself more than alcohol.

Come over and join in the newbies nest, have a look at the toolbox for ideas and read, read, read and post loads.
      Hope to see you there

Comment

had enough

hi dstro,kuya is on point! i also drink because my jobs stressfull,however not drinking,it dont bother me as bad,its not great but better
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

had enough

Working 60 hours a week isn't healthy, either, D. I work 48 and already am stressed. Can you cut back on work by cutting down spending? I know at my house, I'm thinking of cutting back on some of my son's privileges just because he has too much and is becoming too spoiled. And maybe in exchange for the cell phones and expensive clothes, they will get a good tempered dad.
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

had enough

wish I could bills etc etc, just need to enjoy my home life without AL then hopefully won't b as stressed.
            AF since 12/11/12

Comment

had enough

Dstro

Do you get any time off at your job? As in, a full week? Can you arrange for Grandma or Grandpa on either side to take the kids for a week so you can have a week with just you and your wife? It sounds like you really need some downtime. To shut off the world, read a book and just think. If you could put something like that on the calender and start planning a bit for the future, either for a better career, or strategies for your wife to pick up a part time job, or for family, neighbors to arrange some childcare swaps over weekends you would be a happier man. You just need the time/mindset to be able to think clearly.

Comment

Working...
              X