jjcopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jjcopper

Just signed up on this site. 5 days sober. Worst is over physically. What a nightmare.
    "Only a fool dances in a burning house"

jjcopper

Grind it out, takes time but things get better.
    Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

jjcopper

well done on 5 days!! stick with it!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

jjcopper

Welcome JJ!

You are right about the worst being over! I hope you'll stick around and get to know folks here. I found support to be one of the key differences in my last - and final - quit (as opposed to failed attempts!)

The Newbie's Nest is a good place to begin as many there are in the fledgling stage of living without alcohol. There's also a lot of good written advice in the Toolbox (in the Monthly Abstinence section.)

Getting and staying sober is perhaps the single best thing I have ever done for myself. It gets easier....and it also gets so much better. Glad you're on the path now!
        Sober for the Revolution!
        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

jjcopper

Welcome to MWO JJ
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

jjcopper

Thanks everyone. This is the third time quitting for me since 1996. Having just retired from my job I find so much time on my hands. Which is what seems to have lead to this last bout of binging.

Comment

jjcopper

I joined this site a few years ago, did pretty well with learning to drink moderately UNTIL I cut back my work schedule to three days per week. Too much flexible time led to more drinking. Now I'm done for good, very happy and relieved. The tool box thread offers all the ideas you need to get through the rest of your life AF.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

jjcopper

Welcome JJ,

Well done on your five days......tis indeed a nightmare so remember that when a craving hits!

I hope you can make this time the last time, life is too short to waste drunk I reckon

Comment

jjcopper

Happy Thanksgiving

Day 6 and doing okay. Actually leaving the house today to spend with my family and to have their support. Hope all is well with everyone on here today. Stay strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X