Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day...again!

Hi there,

Just found this site at a very low point in my life. I have been drinking massive amounts for te last 18 months. Alternating between 3 day binges, waking up drunk and keeping going to then a day of dt's and holding down my job. I know I'm on a slippery slope and if I don't do something I will either be in a middle east prison for drink driving, hospital or dead.

I'm a 41yr old male working in sales.

I have a very supportive gf but I need to change my thinking and just wanted to say I am loving a lot of the practical tips I've read over the last hour on this site.

I'm alcohol free now for almost 24 hours, slight chest pains, sweats, shakes have largely stopped and paranoia is leaving my head now thank god.

Hit me up to chat or with any words of advice!

Jx

First day...again!

Hi James and :welcome: to MWO,

You are in the right place! Recognizing the risks alcohol is bringing to your life should give you added impetus.
    For support you can join the newbies thread and checkout the toolbox for a plan and ideas.

The great thing here is you KNOW there are others going through exactly the same thing and SUCCEEDING in getting rid of this nightmare.

It ain't easy, but it ain't as hard as you fear.

Comment

First day...again!

:hallo: James.

I'd also like to mention the holistic healing thread too. The supplements helped us so much with the cavings and riding out the aches and pains of coming of the AL

CanToo
      AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

First day...again!

I am in a similar situation. I went over 100 AF this summer - but have been slowly slipping back. Not as bad as before - but it is heading that way. So today is my new day one.

Comment

First day...again!

Good luck Ambrose...... Hope you make it stick.....tis worth it as you know

Comment

Working...
          X