Day 3 - 36 hours in....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

Well, here I am at Day 3. Have an almost fanatical cleaning bent on at the moment. Obsessed with cleaning my house and office, but I know that's normal for me. It seems like I'm trying to re-establish control and order in my life which has been way out of control and way out of order!

Had a splitting headache most of last night but on the plus side was in bed by 10pm and slept through til gone 7am only waking up twice. Although once I woke up drenched, absolutely drenched in sweat with some very vivid dreams. I love dreaming now because when I'm drunk I don't dream at all as I'm passed out!

Back at work and feeling positive and know for a fact I won't drink today - and I'm trying to accept that I just have to take this one day at a time, I can only control 24 hours at a stretch - anymore is beyond my control at this point.

Just to wish good luck to anyone going through the same whether you're at Day 1 or Day 1,000!

Peace,

Jx

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

James ...... Good to hear back from you and great to hear you doing well. Be kind to yourself as fatigue is a big factor in the next few weeks. I am twelve weeks sober and am JUST getting my energy back.

Watch your diet, as I was just saying to GMC on another thread. You will crave sugar, get some Glutamine powder to counteract this, and other supplements advised here.

Good luck, keep trucking and check in here if you need ANYTHING, even just a chat. It can feel like a lonely road in the early days.

KY

Comment

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

Well done James, also Kuya on 12 weeks. Wish I had the energy for house cleaning. I'm on day 2 again, feel better than day 1. When I'm not drinking I dream of drinking and wake so relieved that it's not real, the rest of the time my dreams are so weird, Freud would have a field day analysing them!

Comment

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

Stay strong James it gets easier physically. I am on day 8 and really excited about waking up every morning feeling good and getting out of bed. You will crave sugar though. I had no idea alcohol was all sugar going into my system along of course with the poison. Good luck. I am waiting on my L-Glut to arrive any day now.
        "Only a fool dances in a burning house"

Comment

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

paula;1416309 wrote: Well done James, also Kuya on 12 weeks. Wish I had the energy for house cleaning. I'm on day 2 again, feel better than day 1. When I'm not drinking I dream of drinking and wake so relieved that it's not real, the rest of the time my dreams are so weird, Freud would have a field day analysing them!
          Hi Paula...... A few days and it will all be back on course, treat it as six months - 1 cos that is what it is.
          We should have a new counting system I reckon......if you mess up a day you just subtract from your total. All this going back to day one is BS IMHO ......you are a changed person, Paula..... Saying you are on day 2 does not reflect that.

BTW I am awesome with dreams, honest.....too soon?

You will be fine :l

Comment

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

Thanks Kuya.

Comment

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

I agree with all the above, well done James and Paula I think we all should expect blips but think of how much sober time we have, positive not negative all the way xxx
              AF since 2nd Oct 2012
              Day by day

Comment

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

Thanks Guys - Day four and we're feeling better than day 3. I did 3 months AF about 7 years ago but that was my last attempt at not drinking for more than 24 hours. I didn't drink to get drunk everyday....but I would say I have been drunk or hungover 80% of the last 7 years.

Reality takes a bit of getting used to again but I'm loving it at the moment. Full of energy, I remember the sugar thing from before and whilst I'm careful about my weight I'm having sugar in coffee a few times a day and that coupled with a few yoghurts seems to keep the cravings at bay so far this time round.

Came in this morning and fixed two office cuphoards that had been annoying me for the last two months - took 5 minutes lol. All I know again is that I sure as sh*t won't drink today. Still very much one day at a time for me. Just to wish everyone on here best of luck and thanks again for all of your positive encouragement.

Feels great to wake up and not 'come-to'

Jx

Comment

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

Keep up the good work James, you sound great.

Comment

Day 3 - 36 hours in....

Ditto that.....keep up the positive attitude, it works wonders IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X