Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first big milestone - 1 whole week AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually overjoyed this morning!

Have woke up, feeling fresh, positive and clear headed and this is my 7th day AF!

A whole week!! Can't actually believe it!! Not only is it my 7th day AF, but I feel such determination about staying on track and turning it into weeks, months, years! But, one day at a time

Took a notion for a cup of Green Tea this morning. WTF? Normally I'd be riddled with alcohol-induced fear right now and hiding in my house until drinking again. But, instead I am about to get showered and ready and off out to meet my sis, bro, niece and dad for a family day out

It's not been easy since I stopped 7 days ago - first few days were hellish mentally and physically, but I really am feeling so hopeful and I guess grateful for getting this chance.

Hope you all have a nice weekend xxx

JingleJo;1416272 wrote: I'm actually overjoyed this morning!

Have woke up, feeling fresh, positive and clear headed and this is my 7th day AF!

A whole week!! Can't actually believe it!! Not only is it my 7th day AF, but I feel such determination about staying on track and turning it into weeks, months, years! But, one day at a time

Took a notion for a cup of Green Tea this morning. WTF? Normally I'd be riddled with alcohol-induced fear right now and hiding in my house until drinking again. But, instead I am about to get showered and ready and off out to meet my sis, bro, niece and dad for a family day out

It's not been easy since I stopped 7 days ago - first few days were hellish mentally and physically, but I really am feeling so hopeful and I guess grateful for getting this chance.

Hope you all have a nice weekend xxx
    God - that is marvellous Jingles. I'm so happy for you :l
    Hope you stick around for a long time with your positive posts :goodjob:

ps Green Tea is shite - 'till you get used to it !

Comment

Well done Jingles.......it feels like yesterday when you first posted, not for you I bet but that tells you how quickly things settle down time wise. I am twelve weeks quit and starting to feel normal for the first time in 23 years!

Keep on keeping on and you will NEVER regret it......tis a second chance at life!

P.s. - you get your mooning today in the nest. :goodjob:

Comment

Hiya,

So happy to read that you have a week AF.

Knowing from too much experience lol that one day is a mega effort
        so 7 days is awesome well done you.

Much love Flossie xx
        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Well played I totally agree that 7 days is a HUGE milestone and so it is with great pleasure that I shall award you the Nelzstar! I better not find it on sale at Ebay later on.........:H

Keep it up, you are doing well

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1992019=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Thanks guys

Had a fab day out with family and it was just such a good feeling to have a clear head and no anxiety.

Really can't believe how different I feel for the better after just 7 days - I really expected to be feeling awful, miserable and depressed for endless days and totally dreaded it especially after feeling like I was going mad for the first 3 days and being a physical mess too.

I guess I dreaded it so much as I had never seen past 2 full days sober in years and always buckled when the horribleness got too much so didn't know what to expect

So determined to keep going now and hoping I can keep the positivity flowing as much as poss

Thank you for my Nelzstar :-) xxx

Comment

satz123;1416281 wrote: ps Green Tea is shite - 'till you get used to it !
              Haha - it sure is an acquired taste! x

Comment

JingleJo;1416483 wrote: Thanks guys

Had a fab day out with family and it was just such a good feeling to have a clear head and no anxiety.

Really can't believe how different I feel for the better after just 7 days - I really expected to be feeling awful, miserable and depressed for endless days and totally dreaded it especially after feeling like I was going mad for the first 3 days and being a physical mess too.

I guess I dreaded it so much as I had never seen past 2 full days sober in years and always buckled when the horribleness got too much so didn't know what to expect

So determined to keep going now and hoping I can keep the positivity flowing as much as poss

Thank you for my Nelzstar :-) xxx
                I stayed drinking for all those years because I thought that it stayed as bad as the first three days......dammit ......what a waste!

Comment

kuya;1416504 wrote: I stayed drinking for all those years because I thought that it stayed as bad as the first three days......dammit ......what a waste!
                  Someone who has been involved in AA for years told me recently that I would be surprised at how quick the withdrawals and nastiness would pass. I didn't believe them. I guess you don't until you experience it for yourself. So glad I rode the waves!!

I'm just a bit scared in case this is a false summit and the horrible stuff just decides to reappear again any day now!!

(hoping that won't be the case tho?!)

Comment

JingleJo;1416520 wrote: Someone who has been involved in AA for years told me recently that I would be surprised at how quick the withdrawals and nastiness would pass. I didn't believe them. I guess you don't until you experience it for yourself. So glad I rode the waves!!

I'm just a bit scared in case this is a false summit and the horrible stuff just decides to reappear again any day now!!

(hoping that won't be the case tho?!)
                    It becomes different now. If you get a bad day it is followed by a good day as the bad day is your body going through a leap of biochemical repair..... So welcome a bad day as a sign of healing.

And remember H.A.L.T.

Comment

You go Jingle!

So happy for you! A week is wonderful.

I just want to say that what I have found is this-once you get past the realization that you CAN do it, and you feel great--then it's about allowing yourself to be happy.
                      Things seem so good that sometimes on some level I think WAIT A MINUTE! How can this be? No misery? Hmmm

So really it becomees about living without the alcohol and all of the awful stuff that comes with it. Yes-life can be this good. It's amazing

Stay strong Jingle!

Comment

Working...
                      X