Back Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again

I keep telling myself I drink to foget the past, help with stress. But its got so if I have one I just carry on drinking everything I can get my hands on. Maybe it started as a way to opt out, forget the past, whatever. But now I am an alcoholic. I can't ever just drink one.

Why can't I just stop? Its ridiculous.

Comment

Back Again

Oh Little Owl - have a massive :l

You sound very much like me :h except on the job front - I'm the breadwinner, and would love to work part time, but that just isn't an option for me since hubby doesn't work.

It's a chicken and egg situation isn't it ? Which came first - the depression or the drink ?
      For me it was depression, and drink is/was my comfort blanket !!

But, after sticking around on here for a few months, I can finally see a light at the end of my tunnel, cos of the fantastic support (and butt kicking sometimes) I'm receiving, from people who've been "there".

I thought I'd never be able to get off this roundabout, but slowly and surely I'm making progress.

Stick with us, LO - you won't regret it :h
      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Back Again

Thank you for the hug Quest.

It must be tough being the breadwinner. At least my hubby said work less, we will survive even if we don't have so much money coming in. He rang me to tell me he was sorry about this morning and he is worried about me.

I've been going a good impression of being normal but its getting more and more difficult! It is encouraging reading people's stories and posts, makes me realise I'm not the only one.

Back to work tomorrow. Grit my teeth until I find something else. At least I've had three days to sort the house out a bit and do some cleaning!

Comment

Back Again

Hi, little owl:
          I'm pretty new so you don't know me. I just love your avatar! Sorry you are not doing well. But I hope you get some help soon. Some people drink because they are depressed, others drink too much then they get depressed. For me, my husband can't stand me sober or drunk! anyway. I hope you can get off alcohol so it will be easier to determine which came first.,,, good luck!
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
          X