X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My demons

'I love a drink'

'I love to feel drunk'

'I've not had a drink in x amount of time, I have earned the right to have a blowout'

'Non drinkers are boring'

'I can blame my problems on it'

'The pain makes the detoxed and sober periods feel better'

'I will make it up to my family'

'I don't drink nearly as much as the alcoholics at the AA meeting'

'The last withdrawal wasn't THAT bad'

My demons

sameoldstory;1418503 wrote: 'I love a drink'

'I love to feel drunk'

'I've not had a drink in x amount of time, I have earned the right to have a blowout'

Genius.

(and Argghhhh!)

Comment

My demons

Ok...going to paste my pm in here:
      :Just saw it after I pm'd you. Aside from the withdrawals/detox I was right there on them all. You are not alone, but again, you can change it and your thinking. Must state straight up I'm a mod candidate. Doing quite well with the odd overkill this past year, but far cry from where I was 3 years ago. I don't know your goals but you definitely should aim for 30-60 days af under your belt before reassessing. Some don't do that though as they still find it too much pressure. This is where the term know thyself rings so true. I personally needed to distance myself from the self destructive cycle I was in to regain control. I was and am in for the long haul. Keep reading and posting. You will find your way! Kudos for starting a thread too!
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

My demons

sameoldstory;1418503 wrote: 'I love a drink'

'I love to feel drunk'

Wow, could have written that myself, give or take a few adjustments.

My head has been constantly filling up with such statements over the past 12 days. Trying to fend them off with a big stick tho!

Comment

My demons

sameoldstory;1418503 wrote: 'I love a drink'.......DRINK LOVES ME

'I love to feel drunk'........I CAN NO LONGER GET/STAY DRUNK

'I've not had a drink in x amount of time, I have earned the right to have a blowout'.....I HAVE DRUNK MORE IN MY LIFE THAN MOST PEOPLE DRINK IN 50 LIFETIMES

'Non drinkers are boring'......I AM BORING WHEN I AM DRUNK

'I can blame my problems on it'.......MY PROBLEMS WERE CAUSED BY DRINKING

'The pain makes the detoxed and sober periods feel better'......I AM SCARED I HAVEN'T GOT ANOTHER QUIT IN ME

'I will make it up to my family'........I WON'T HAVE A FAMILY

'I don't drink nearly as much as the alcoholics at the AA meeting'......I AM THAT DRUNK AT THE AA MEETING

'The last withdrawal wasn't THAT bad..........YEAH, RIGHT :H:H

d'
          Now I wonder where I can buy some more vodka ?

Comment

My demons

Yep all BS.

Nearly 11 months sober and am beginning to see the light

God How I believed all that crap, for years and years, sad.
            Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

My demons

I'm back

Comment

My demons

sameoldstory;1517887 wrote: I'm back
                Sorry you're crappy, but welcome back! :welcome:
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

My demons

I recognize my own demons for what they are (and yes, most of those on first post apply to me hands down).....Actually, demons is wrong....it is THE demon. The demon trying to trick me into drinking. I would love to be a mod candidate. But I know, from deep inside me, that that will not work. Eventually, I will land in the same cesspool of nothingness.
                  I love the way Kuya turned it all around. It is about how you look at things....I yearn for the day when turning it around is automatic for me...and for the day when I do not obsess about alcohol.....whether it be wanting a drink or thinking about WHY I am wanting a drink.....I hate giving THE demon so much of my precious time.
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

My demons

Welcome back Sameoldstory!

Sorry you're not doing so well, but we are glad you've come back. You should join us over in the Newbies Nest for lots of support and advice. We can help you do this...stick close!

K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My demons

Dear SOS,

You are very articulate. Well done!! You have my admiration.

And that is only part of your brain doing the writing. The other part is out to destroy you.

You are crying out for help, SOS. Help is on the way. You know, when we call 911 and they keep us on the phone until help arrives. Stay on the phone. Keep posting. There are so many people here who are willing and able to help. We have ALL been on the phone with 911, hoping not to die before help arrives. HELP IS HERE. Take a deep breath and listen. Listen.

kuya, you are priceless!! Absolutely priceless!! Yes, I too was wanting to make a "beer run" after reading SOSs first post because, hell, that's it: that's the insanity of alcohol.

Let us know what you need, SOS. We want to help. We "get" the part of our brain that is determined to destroy us. And we have some tricks up our sleeve to outwit alcohol.

:colorwelcome:
                      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                      X