hmmm, hello?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm, hello?

Hi guys, this is the first time I'm actually doing something like this... but it's time! I've been drinking for many years now - socially, occasionally, ocassionally more than I wanted. What can I say? I've discovered that I need support giving up this addiction rather than telling myself that I'm not having a problem. I don't need a drink on a daily basis but once I start drinking I often can't stop. Here in South Africa it's quite easy to get away with it but for my own sanity it's not. Thanx for listening...:new:

hmmm, hello?

Hi Betty & :welcome:

You have come to the right place for all the help and support that you need.

Love & hugs, :h :l :h
    sigpicXXX

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Thank you for the encouragement - I guess, everybody goes through this rather awkward phase. But it's a GREAT feeling to have done the first step!

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Welcome BB. THis is a great place. Hope you will read the book and try different aspects of the program. It is all good!!! Glad you took the first step. :welcome:
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Welcome Betty...

Many have gone through years of daily uttering "I need to stop drinking!" Yet it does not change. Finding this site many have found the help they need to take that first step and make it to that first day.

Many here are all to familiar with your desire, fear, ad pain. Read the posts... Try to get the book and plan your own personal attack to get control over alcohol...
          Control the Mind

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Hi - my first day giving up too - there are some really nice, friendly helpful people here.......it definitly helps.

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Hi Nattie & :welcome: also,

Yes the people here are really supportive, I really don't know where I would be now if it wasn't for the people here, I am so grateful to everyone ....

All the best
              sigpicXXX

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Welcome BB
                Glad you are here and taking the first steps to start leading a better life!!
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Hi Betty and :welcome:

you have come to a lovely place - it can only get better from here on in. Spend some time reading as much as you can here on the boards, don't be afraid to ask q's (it seems pretty confusing at first but soon becomes a second home...), and DO download or order the book.

best wishes to you, Kate

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Welcome bb good for you taking the first step, I'm new here too. I dont post very often but I do like to read the support other people recieve safe in the knowledge there are people here who care.

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Welcome Nattie and Betty Blue!
                      Be sure to read everything you can. That is what helped me the most when I first started out. And make sure that if you have any questions you ask. So many knowledgeable people on the boards that can you with just about anything. Hugs to you both!
                      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

hmmm, hello?

:welcome: GLAD YOU FOUND US!
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Welcome BB!
                          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Welcome Betty,
                            This is the best place to start. I started this in February and have found this to be a great place for support, the program has worked very well for me too. Best of luck with your journey!
                            Colorado Chick!
                            Your support means the world to me...:h

Comment

hmmm, hello?

Hello Betty and welcome.
                              This is a terrific site, and you'll get lots of help and support here as well as formn friendships.
                              Alcohol like getting overweight, sort of creeps up on you doesn't it. But, with positive attitude and self talk, and a bit of determination, you'll be fine.
                              Seth Effrikka... on my list of places to go.
                              Rags.

Comment

Working...
                              X