Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have the flu or just going the AF early days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week drank everyday! Ugh! BC Dec 1st was going to be my Day One again. Well felt so shitty on Saturday that I bought a six pack drank three through out the day and the other three on Sunday. Then Monday morning my sides and lower back were hurting so bad really hard to sleep. Thought oh shit I really screwed myself this time. Afraid to go to the doctor bc I know my body is jacked up. Last night my whole body so achy that I had to take advil for it to stop enough to fall asleep. Already taken advil this morning and tonight my body aches so much. It just seems so different this time going AF. I hope I haven't screwed up my liver or kidneys.

Mya, I had flu like symptoms the first 2 weeks, but especially the first 5 days....it just takes a while to get all those toxins out. I was having bad liver readings myself there at the end, but after 3 months AF, everything was back to normal...it is amazing how your body will bounce back when you stop putting poison in it! Just on over to the Newbie's Nest...we have folks in all stages of their quit! Also, check out the Tool Box, link is in my signature line below. Welcome! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Mya, I had flu like symptoms too almost 3 weeks ago when I quit for good. Prior to that I got pneumonia right after a drinking binge. Don't know if it was related or just from a bad sinus infection at the time. You will feel like you have the flu for several days. Sweats and aches and pains all over. Drink a lot of water and try to eat. Take the advil. I even had a cough for 8 days. After day 5 I started to feel better and after day 20 today I feel really great. It is poison no doubt and it has to leave your system. Be good to yourself. Stay on here for good advise and please try with all you got to make this your last quit. Get some L-Glut for any cravings.
      "Only a fool dances in a burning house"

Comment

I'm on Day 2-
        Last night I started getting waves of nauseous and body aches. Just woke up to same. I thought I was getting the flu....

Comment

Thanks everyone. Don't feel quite as bad today but not feeling great. Day 3 and I know I can do this. It really scared me this time, I think I have done some damage and hope I can reverse, still too afraid to go to the doctor

Comment

Hey Mya

Hang in there; you might just be in withdrawal, which can be rather subtle, or not so subtle. Maybe a good check-up with bloodwork? Just to check liver function?

If you bloodwork regarding your liver is abnormal that could be a motivator for you. And if you abstain and start feeling better and those numbers are checked again they can absolutely be back to normal. The liver is resilient to a point but not forever with ongoing abuse.

Please don't start thinking that having a drink will make you feel better. It won't. Well....it might, or so you will think. But keep on trying and when you feel better you'll know why and want to continue.

Stay strong

Comment

Working...
            X