Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys

Hi Nursie!

I am so happy you're back! Sorry for everything you've been through. You have friends here...stick close to us!

:h
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey Guys

So glad to be back K9.
      I think about you guys all the time but I couldn't come back until I was ready. The darkness before the light and all that. I can't even talk about it yet.

BUT, hot damn, another day unhung and undrunk.

I am sleeping a little better. My depression is better since I'm not drinking. My dreams have turned from dark and scary to light and fun. I dreamt I jumped over an alligator moat and saw a dead alligator, and then went surfing and surfed the whole wave. (Never been surfing in my life btw).

No alcohol means I can have dessert. Woo! And I have been spending so much quality time with my son. Meaningful time. Not grieving time or pretend happy drunk time. Just him and me time.

It's good to be back.
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Guys

Oh well done Nursie - you sound so good and so strong, well done you!
        :goodjob:
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hey Guys

Pretend Happy Dunk Time!

Wow, I had so much of that. Never thought of it that way but that's exactly what it was!

So glad your back,. nursie. :h

:l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hey Guys

Another day in the books. Woo!
            Taking all in one vitamin powder and drinking tons of water. Seems like I need soooo much sleep. Though I wake up often, I still feel the need to retire between 7:30 and 8. I read for awhile and fall asleep.
            I haven't really had any cravings.

I'm sure as hell not ready for Christmas and haven't done all the preparation I usually do, but I think people will understand. My brother just died and I don't feel that Christmassy.

Hope you all had a great sober happy joyful day!
            Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Guys

Welcme back Nursie.........got get em!
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hey Guys

Hi, nursie: sorry to hear about your brother, too....hope you continue to do well...
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Hey Guys

Dear Nursie,

I haven't been around much lately & almost missed this. I've often thought of you & even have said some prayers to. I know even before you lost your brother you've experienced much loss in your life honey. The last time we spoke after your brothers passing your grief & anger was just so painful...... As it should be.

Time will eventually heal these cruel deep cuts, holes & stings. Wounds & scars will always remain. They won't be as deep, dark & close as they once were. The light will feel closer, as you pass thru the tunnel of grief. The hole will be filled with happier memories & new ones that you choose to create in your new sober life as time continues!.....

I think your dream may have been a reenactment of this loss & you getting closer to the light.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me tonight to see posts from you & that your back here. Very happy you threw out that ethanol ~ poison!!!.. That your in school, spending good quality time with your son & family.... Your such a bright, caring woman, so much good to offer this world. You know you can conquer this, how important support from others who are in recovery is!!!.... I'm so happy you've made this decision. Acceptance, self honesty, taking action is the key....

The extra tiredness is all part of the ride sweetheart, it will all be worth it & I know you know this. The extra tiredness does pass! In the beginning of your new sober life eat anything that sounds good, be gentle & kind with yourself!!!.....Don't worry about the house cleaning, or decorations this year or what anyone thinks!!!... Just put your sobriety first!!!... Your a working Mom, Wife & Student. Your plate is full enough hun!..... Let others help you!!! Reach out to them for support!.... Please....

I love you Nursie!!! If there's anything I can do to help strengthen your sober journey just ask & I'll do whatever I can. Don't forget Byrdie over in the Newbies Nest. She's a Saint imho!.... She's one of the people here who's helped save my life!!!... She doesn't sugar coat things. Which imo is needed here!... There are others in the Nest & elsewhere who will also help, that are so very wonderful!!!... :h

Some days are hard, some days are great, some OK, all days are better sober, as we actually are living a real life, not a fake ~ substitute one.

You are so worth this!!!... You can do this!!!.... I believe in you, you believe in you to!!!..... You know how serious addiction is, how it destroys lifes. Do this for you, secondly for your family, one day at a time..... Give yourself this lasting gift of love to yourself, you'll never be sorry!!!....

Blessings & healing to you sweetheart!!!....

Love Always, :h

Wildflowers :l

Comment

Hey Guys

Thank you so much Wildflowers. You are such a kind and caring person and I am very blessed to "know" you. Your words mean so much to me.
                    I can do this. I will do this.
                    I will do the one thing that my severed family has never been able to do. I will be sober and make the life I always wanted.
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Guys

Nursie...hi and welcome back
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey Guys

Nursie! It's I am back to. And I didn't slip but life changed my time.
                        Being a full time student and working full time it's hard to find time to think at times. I don't know what to say for your loss. Words can't describe it. But I am proud of you and everyone is. You are a kind gentle person. Keep on your path...your on the one i am!
                        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Hey Guys

Hi Nursie

So glad to see you back. And I am sos orry for your loss.

It's understandable that you would not feel very Christmassy. When my brother died at 45 I drove up on a mountain with his gf and drank beer. Not a good way to deal.

Stick around and I hope we can all have a great new year!

Comment

Working...
                          X