X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting again

hello
    sorry I fell of the wagon again
    I've had a terrible year and this is probably the wrong time to start af but I need to get my life back
    I've had a terrible year Daughter in law had a tumour removed in january
    My youngest son had open heart surgery ( both are only 25 )
    Sister-in law had a heart attack in march and had to have 3 stints put in ( she flat bedded 9 times ) how she survived is a miracle
    In July I had to have surgery and while supposedly having complete bed rest my mother ended up in hospital and dying 2 weeks later
    I am the executor and have had a hard time from 3 of my siblings ( 6 all together )
    I can't believe the change in people they were trying to find money where the wasn't any
    They completely ramsaked the house after the funeral even changed the locks on the house and left without giving me any Keys. but when one came back I asked for the keys.
    I am so glad for this perticular sister as I couldn't have done anything without her help
    When I found a buyer for the house 2 sisters tried everything to stop the sale but I stuck to my guns and said it's going through so hopefully it will be all finalised in the new year and I can get on with my life
    we just had a garage sale which wasn't really that successful so everything left is going to the opp shop to-day which I will get a lot of flack over
    but I need to get control and stop drinking all together
    Needless to say while this was all going on I started drinking again and I need to stop as it's getting out of control again :helpme:

starting again

Hi merry...jeez you certainly have had a tough time.....hopefully next year will be better..and you will be able to enjoy it without alcohol.......go for it :l:l:l
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

starting again

Merry, Sorry to hear its been so so tough for you. Hopefully 2013 will be better. Its so sad how money can change people,it really does show their true colours and they are really not worth worrying about. Easier said than done I know!! Try to keep strong

Comment

starting again

Merry-you really have had a tough time. I'm sorry. Stick around. We're here. None of us are perfect but at least we are all trying.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

starting again

Merry, So sorry to hear of your bad year. I can so relate! Time to take a step back and a deep breath and move on to better things! Hope you have a better year coming and get yourself back on track. Keep us posted.
          Kdog

Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

starting again

A person in need and a listener were on the telephone.

The problem is, began the one in need, I wouldn't be in this situation if those things had not happened.

The one in need talked on, listing all the people, places, and things that brought him to such a state.

The listener let him finish,and then replied,I believe your blaming people,places and things for your problems.

You can only blame yourself because your the one that can change things, As long as you hide behind :causes: you wont take action,its up to you to act, so do it.

It may be easier to blame,because finding remedies means we will have to work, looking for scapegoats for our current situation wont get us out of our ruts it will only mire us deeper,

To get free,we need to use our talents and wisdom to good benefit,As the listener said, its up to us to take action, so lets do it

Said with repect merry :l

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

starting again

thankyou everyone

Comment

starting again

Merry,

:l:l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

starting again

tough times Merry
                  Mario is right.....it is up to YOU to stop
                  be well friend
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

starting again

Merry, I hope you are doing well today! Let us know :0
                    Kdog
                    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

starting again

Merry :l
                      I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time! Alcohol will not solve anything, you know this. I know everything seems overwhelming right now, but adding AL to the mix will only make it worse. Please stick close and keep posting, and know that we are here for you!
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

starting again

Hello Merry,

Welcome! You've come to the right place. Join us over in the newbie's nest, under 'Just Starting Over' Lots of support over there. People in all stages of their quit. What a horrible year you've had. Hope the new year will be much easier. It certainly will be, if you are able to get a handle on the drinking. Sooo much harder to deal with things while drinking or hung over. Saps our energy, clouds our judgement....

Read, read, read.....get to know people. Tons of help, resources and feedback here, from all over the world. Post and let us know how you are doing. I found great relief and support here by being able to share what was going on with me. Good luck and so glad you are here!
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

starting again

i am good at the moment
                          waiting for our 12th grandchild to arrive
                          might need to get af wine to wet its head

Comment

starting again

Thankyou
                            Mario i realise I'm the only one who can change
                            It's hard when surounded by drinkers
                            Next year will be good I'm anxiously waiting on our 12th grandchild due to-day........
                            Have to find a af drink to wet it's head
                            Also heard we have no 13 coming next july
                            so it will be a good year 2013

Comment

starting again

Congrats Merry, sounds like you have quite a bit of good going on in your life and thats always a plus! Just stop and remember all you have to get AF for when you have that next craving. Good luck and great job on day 2. Keep us posted.
                              Kdog

Comment

Working...
                              X