Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new here......finally have a plan.....hoping mwo will help me stick to it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, New to the forum. In a 3yr old Sahm of 3 children under 4. I drink at home,in the nights adter kids go to bed. Probably 5 nights a week and usually I drink one bottle of wine. Sometimes I pour my husban one very small glass....just so i can justify to myself that i didnt drink the entire bottle. I can go 2 or so days AF but then the cravings and habit set in. I'm trying to go the next 6 days AF and have my last drinking day on xmas day. Then my first goal is 3 months AF.

hi quitwine,sounds like you have a plan this is a great place to be,i wouldnt have any sober days if it werent for coming here,and i do everyday just keep coming back and welcome
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Quitwine and welcome!

Good luck with your plan. You'll find so much support, encouragement and helpful info and strategies here. I'd never gone more than 2/3/4 days AF in about 20 years before now, but am on day 32 now and this site has played a HUGE part in it.

xxx

Comment

Thanks for the replies and encouragement.
        So what exactly was it about this site that has helped you guys?

I'm reading about supplements etc..but unsure which path to take.
        I am also taking Zoloft currently.....150mg/day.

P.S. I drank tonight....most of one bottle of wine Feeling like shit right now.......again. How the @#*^ can i BREAK this cycle???!!!

Comment

Welcome to the club I'm having the same battle
          I would drink a bottle of wine and maybe half another
          But I need to stop......for me.......
          I'm on day 2 and plan not to drink at all over Christmas because then I'll be back to square 1
          Thank you I needed to come here to-night as I was having a battle not 2 drink

Comment

I read a post that said "google AVRT"...so I did. That flipped the switch for me.

I was actually considering medication. I'm not a fan of big pharma, but I was that desperate.

I don't drink now, and never will again. I still get a bit of tightening in the gut when I say that. ;-D

quitwine;1429245 wrote: Thanks for the replies and encouragement.
            So what exactly was it about this site that has helped you guys?

I'm reading about supplements etc..but unsure which path to take.
            I am also taking Zoloft currently.....150mg/day.

P.S. I drank tonight....most of one bottle of wine Feeling like shit right now.......again. How the @#*^ can i BREAK this cycle???!!!

Comment

Hi Quit:

I used to by the big bottles o f wine at Costco so I could justify that I wasn't drinking almost a whole bottle every night?..

It's stunning how we trick ourselves. So glad you're here and wide awake! :l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Opts!

Forgot to say I would drink about half of it then put it back in the fridge...in the way way back.
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

hey guys,its rough im struggling too i keep trying to do normal things af but its hard for me to enjoy doing things sometimes,i tried to take my husband out to dinner on sunday,i was so preoccupied with wanting a drink,i was getting irritable with him,so i caved and had a beer,but to be honest it didnt make me feel much better,this is hard
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes, it's very hard...but not impossible.

I think we all played those "mind games" with ourselves. I got to the point where I was buying 24oz cans of beer so I could say I ONLY had 6. Next it would have been 40oz. bottles in a brown bag...but hey, I would have ONLY had 4! We're only lying to ourselves, other people still see the truth, but when you're in an addiction, you do whatever it takes to make yourself feel better about it. That's a lot of work isn't it? That's why I say I quit when it became harder to drink than to not drink. It honestly is easier to be sober...especially once you get some good solid time in. So please hang in there everyone and realize that this difficult time will pass. As Byrdie says, if it stayed this hard forever, none of us would succeed...but look around, there are MANY success stories here. You will be one too, I know it!
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                    X