Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a funny story

Hi, All.
    Last week on Monday, I wrote in that I was DONE drinking, after having spent yet another night with my head in the toilet. I showered that day thinking to myself, "I have the power to make this never ever happen again. I never again have to feel this headache, this woopsy stomach, this general over-all body pain. Never again. Starting right now." And I meant it, and I still do mean it.

But, only a short two days later, I come down very sick with the norovirus - stomach flu - intestinal bug, whatever you want to call it. And where am I? Back with my head in the toilet. For DAYS. Even when I was being so sick, I kind of was laughing to myself... okay, so much for no woopsy stomach! I used this week-long experience as a complete reinforcer... WHY in the WORLD would anyone choose to feel this way? And yet for so many years, that is exactly what I did.

So, now, I am somewhat on the mend. Can't get off the couch yet, but at least I am not running to the bathroom. But I am still laughing at myself... and even more motivated to never feel this way again.

Thanks, everyone. Your support is so important.

a funny story

and the bonus of not being able to drink AL or go to buy AL
    when puking :H
    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

a funny story

LOL, join your sister. I was so sick with stomach bug yesterday and had to take to the bed. Was also thinking of the irony of it. I expected giving up drink would make me so healthy etc.

I hope you're feeling better x

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Working...
      X