Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I am going to try to go AF

Hello All

I am planing on making this my first AF day. If you have been following my post I was drinking a fifth or more of gin a day. Sunday was my last big drunk.
    Monday, started the taper with 2 beers and 4 valium over the day
    Tuesday, 2 beers and 3 valium
    Wednesday, AF and valium as needed.

This is my plan thanks for the support.

Robert the rednose:new:
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Rednose-good luck to you. I'm not a long-timer so I really don't have any advice. I just know the journey you have had and the one you are about to start and the confusion regarding the future that you are experiencing, because I've been there. I just want to enjoy my life, while I have one. Best wishes! Check in on the newbies nest for continuous support.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Hi Rednose,

Welcome! Glad you were able to get some valium to taper off. It makes it sooo much easier than going cold turkey, which can be dangerous, to mention, extremely uncomfortable. Especially when your body has been accustomed to high levels of alcohol.

Join us over in the Newbies Nest under 'Just Starting Over". Lots of support there, from people in all stages of their recovery. Many starting over or just starting. Read all you can, get to know us. Lots of resources here, too: The MWO book, cds, advice and feedback on meds and supplements.

You can also jump on to the Newbie's Nest Roll Call, if you want. We check in every day, and it helps to keep us accountable and to see our progress along with others who are joining us on this journey.

So glad you are here! Good luck
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

to-day i'm definately not going to drink ......past trying......

Comment

Hi Robert the Rednose!

Good job on tapering and even better job on making today alcohol-free. What's your plan for this evening? What will you do during your normal drinking hours? It's good to have something planned so that the stinkin' drinkin' thoughts don't come into your mind...but if they do, just remember that they are JUST thoughts, you do not have to act on them. A craving never lasts as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up in the moring wishing you'd drank the night before.

Good luck, and let us know how it's going!

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

trying to make it through today AF.

Thanks K9.:thanks:

I actually think I drink out of boredom at times. To much free time on my hands.
            It is 4 pm here and this is the witching hour for me. It would be good for me to get some exercise but I feel pretty shitty today. No beers so far and no Valium.

Thanks for the support.

I can't put a photo on my profile. Do you have to be a long term member? Or is
            it me being not so great on the computer??

rednose.
            :new:
            All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Uh...it might be you being not so great on the computer. LOL

Go to quick links and then "edit profile", then you can change your avatar.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Rednose. How is your evening going?
                I'm eating soup and watching star trek.

:l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

how are you today rednose?
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X