End of the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the World

Hi All: I have not been a frequent poster but am a frequent visitor to the forums. I think the reason for this is because if I post I am actually admitting that I have a serious problem and then I will have to deal with it. I wake up every morning saying to myself that I am not going to drink today but by noon I have changed my mind and am drinking. I have such a good life and have no idea why I continue to do this. I have gone to counseling, taken Naltrexone, etc. but nothing seems to work. The reason for this is that I have to want it to work and I have to do the work to make it so. I am the only one who change my circumstances. So, after drinking earlier today and sleeping most of it off I woke up and decided to log on and see if I could find some inspiration that could help me stick with my resolutions.

So, tomorrow (which is just moments away in the US) is supposedly the end of the world. I have decided that it is the end of my world as someone who is so dependent on AL that she would make up any excuse to drink. It is the end of putting off the "day" that I am going to stop for good ~ it does not matter that it is the holiday season, or that it is the weekend, or that I have a party to go to this weekend. I don't need to wait, I need to do it now and do it today.

I have been consistently drinking one to two bottles of wine a day for months so am not sure how my system is going to react but whatever. I have to do this or I am going to lose everything that is important to me and maybe even my life.

DAY ONE IS HERE.
    Make it a great day!:heart:

End of the World

Firstly :welcome: to MWO

Don't feel scared, although it is normal it is just the addiction talking. There is nothing to fear, you are just returning to normal.

The first week may be hard but after that it is a mind game......you need to change your mind about drinking poison.

Check out the toolbox for tips and ideas, and come over to the newbies nest where others post in the early days of their quit.

Read, read, read and post often and stay close to get the support that everyone needs

Good luck

KY

Comment

End of the World

OnceAgain :welcome:

Just as Molls and KY said (2 wise wimen if ever there were some!). Keep focussed on getting through today, just today, just even this morning or this afternoon, or this evening. Tomorrow can wait. And don't look back, don't let any sense of "missing it" or romaticising it derail you from the now. Don't let excuses derail you. As Molls says, the head game is hard to start with, but it does get easier. Change now to define a new future for yourself.

Glad you joined us on such an auspicious day!

RC

Comment

End of the World

KY, Molly and RC - Thanks for your words and advice. I finally got back to sleep without AL. I am a 1 - 2 bottle of wine a day drinker and have been on and off for the past 10 years or so. I have tried to stop and moderate many times only to come right back to this spot. (funny how everyone tells you that this is what happens but you don't believe it until you have experienced it) I have started to black out and wake up not remembering what happened the night before even though I seem to remember to lock the house and set my alarm. This really scares me and makes me ashamed. I am petite and physically fit - great career - great family - etc. I do have anxiety issues and am taking an anti-depressant for them. It does help a bit. I don't want to mess up my life. I don't want to lie to myself or others anymore and convince myself that what is going on is okay. It is not okay and I am tired of it. So, today I am not going to drink.

Comment

End of the World

Good on you. And tomorrow you will be a little less scared and a little more hopeful

Comment

End of the World

OnceAgain, welcome. What a fantastic idea to stop drinking today. The day the world didn't end and the day YOU decided to make a change for a better life. Congratulations! You are not alone now. We are here for you. Post post post so we can help. It will be hard the first few days and you may want medical help for your withdrawal. Stick with it though. You'll get loads of good advice and help here.
            ~nurdl
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

End of the World

hi onceagain,everyone has given you great advice,nothing more i can add except,if you do ever slip dont let it knock you down,keep fighting,also welcome
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

End of the World

Well I ALMOST did it. Bad news is that I did not succeed with not having any AL. Good news is that I only had one beer. Had huge cravings yesterday and was mostly okay for most of day. Went out for pizza and had one beer. Wanted more but I stopped. Will try again today. Still hopeful and a actually feeling pretty good. Will continue to work toward AL free.

Comment

End of the World

good job! im glad you stopped at one,keep it going

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

End of the World

Update - I did not do well over the holidays. Today is my day one again. I have had so many of them that I can't count anymore. I am so tired of feeling this way which is guilty and ashamed most of the time. I always set a very small goal and seem to fail. Not whining but I am frustrated. I had a long talk with my hubby about it today and we removed all the AL from the house and he vowed to help me do this. My goal is to go 1 year without AL and hopefully by then I won't ever go back. I know that you are suppossed to start with a small goal and take it "one day at a time" but for whatever reason it does not seem to be working for me. I am going big and feel confident that day one will be under my belt when I wake up tomorrow morning. Not very much at all I know but I feel good to be able to say that with complete honesty. I know I am the only one who can do this for me and I really want to be successful. This site is really helpful and hearing from you all is so good.

Comment

End of the World

Hi OnceAgain,

You remind me a lot of myself.
                      The one major thing I did differently, once I joined MWO, was I stopped BS-ing myself. I finally let go of the thought (dream) of ever being a 'normak drinker' again. The MWO Hypno CDs really helped me to change my thinking. I highly recommend using them

You have the power & ability to make any changes in your life that you choose to make.
                      Choose to kick AL out once & for all, you won't be sorry!

Wishing you the best!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

End of the World

hi once again,you can do it! we do have to choose this,its a drag at times but you have a great sense of where you need to be,thats all i can say

Comment

Working...
                        X