New Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Years

Well, I was going to wait until NY's to stop but I think the time is here, sooner. I have drank every day for about 2 weeks. My body is in the worst shape it's ever been. I am bloated, fat and gross. Thanks beer!

My daughter sent me a text last night telling me how much she doesn't like it. . I hurt hearing it but apparently what I need. She and I are so close and I don't want to ruin that.

New Years

Happy New Year everyone ! Be Sober....... Tony
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

New Years

Hi Phin,
      There's no point in waiting until new years...it's just another day right? Might as well make today day 1...exactly one year ago today, that's what I did. Like you, I couldn't stand hurting my daughter anymore. Come on, join me for an AF day - the beginning of MANY....
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

New Years

Phin- I'm in as well. Startinbg today - Day 1. Let's do it!!!

Comment

New Years

Daughters are definitely worth giving up alcohol for. Oh yeah....

Comment

New Years

Phin: start as soon as you can! let us have a good year together the best we can one day at a time, starting whenever....maybe today or tomorrow? Let us all do it together!
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

New Years

Hi Phin,

I was also going to wait for New Years, originally, but I just could not stand one more day after Christmas Eve. And I don't have a daughter, but I have a husband who was very over it and asked me to stop. So, I stopped on Christmas, and I'm done - I feel so much better already. Today is a perfect day to quit.
              Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

New Years

How are you doing Phin? I hope you are well. Remember we are here for you when you need us. Check in and let us know how things are going!

My daughter is FINALLY at the point where she can go to her dads and not worry that her mother is home getting drunk (and wandering the neighborhood...or worse, driving!). It took a long time, but we made it. I'll never regret quitting drinking, or wish I had postponed it. You won't either.

xoxoxo
                K9

Comment

New Years

Well, I did drink a couple days after, however, tonight I decided not to. I hope it will be one of many. I really need to change a few things in my life, healthy choices. I have gained so much weight from drinking beer, I need to lose it. I need to gain my confidence back as well.

Comment

New Years

Hi Phin,
                    All those other things will come in time. Focus on being sober and you will be happily suprised at what happens! Keep at it...you can do it.
                    K9

Comment

New Years

HEY PHIN

Join us for the 2013 sober year challenge. It's going to be great

Comment

New Years

Phin-I got to the point I couldn't do one more weekend (although a daily black out drinker) of hangover (pretending I just didn't feel good) blacking out, not remembering the evening before, calling in sick on Monday, etc. I started on a Wednesday. I just couldn't do it anymore. It had to stop! Enough was Enough! That was 17 days ago and I don't regret 1 of those days. It's awesome to be free from the bondage that drinking and being drunk brings with it. I hope you have a strong weekend. Stay close and check in often. Join on the Newbie thread. There are lost of people there, new and old, all day and night. Good luck to you and please, check back in and let us know how you are doing.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                        X