Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Dinner for 16 tomorrow

Hi my friends..........

I've been buried deep in the heart of Texas for a week. I'm now committed to making dinner for 16 tomorrow night, and have no inspirations. Think meat eaters and not adventurous. Any help is apppreciated!

Belated Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year as it approaches.

Catbuddy
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

HI, Catbuddy...
    This isn't very inspirational, but when I am faced with a big "do" and no energy to actually DO it, I just get a Costco lasagne and a Costco salad, and a big ol' loaf of good bread and call it good. It is the people, not the food, who make a party fun. You can do this thing. Good luck!

Comment

I would say chili, but they may be sick of that, being from TX! How about Chicken Spaghetti? I have a recipe that could feed a small army. You could do like noname said and serve with bread and green salad.
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

bbq is cheap and easy,but maybe cliche for texas,i like the roast idea how about french dips?
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cat....it's time for the silver laser guided bullet. Ready for it? Go to KFC, and get a bucket or 2 of the chicken...and a slew of the sides. Put the chicken on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven on 225* for 2 hours....IT FALLS OFF THE BONE! It takes on a whole new flavor and look...people think you've slaved. Put the sides into other bowls and stuff and doctor them up with your own personal touches. This chicken is killer! Good luck! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey Cat,

If the weather is decent I would toss all that meat on a grill outside & put someone in charge of watching it cook. I would be inside making lots of salads. Mostly, I would not worry too much, it's only a meal, right?

Good luck,enjoy the family!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone,

THANKS for the suggestions. I was all for a simple approach, but my sister wanted to do something special, as we had to cancel Christmas day at her house due to flu.

I came up with this menu last night: Pasta with homemade meatballs and sauce (my recipe is killer), sauted green beans, mixed greens with lemon basil dressing, garlic bread. Starters of cheese, olives, cured meats. Dessert of homemade brownies and ice cream.

She liked it, a family-style Italian meal with the love of homemade meatballs. We're going to make a project of it with the kids.

Merry Christmas week.

Cat
              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Sounds perfect, Cat!! Good luck!
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Sounds like a winner, Cat! Have fun!
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Well that sounds a lot better than what I suggested....sounds like you got your meal mojo back and THEN some! That sounds great! And what time are you serving?? I don't wanna be late! XO, B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the encouragement. It was a really good meal, primarily because of the homemade meatballs. They ate every one. My mother loves this meal, and I made it especially for her (she is 83). It really touched her. I also added my brother's suggestion of italian sausage to the meatballs, which was a real mis-step due to textural issues, but it meant a lot to him. We had a great evening together, which was really the whole point.

xo, Cat

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

oh im super late!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X