Just Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Getting Started

Recently found this site. Happy to be here. Tend to be a bit of a loner, but realize that I need support to walk away from the bottle. Been addicted for five years, and have lost so much. Determined to make 2013 better. I need to become familiar with MWO. Looking for daily accountability, maybe? I am amazed by all of you!! :new:
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Just Getting Started

Just Getting Started

Tess-2;1435456 wrote: Recently found this site. Happy to be here. Tend to be a bit of a loner, but realize that I need support to walk away from the bottle. Been addicted for five years, and have lost so much. Determined to make 2013 better. I need to become familiar with MWO. Looking for daily accountability, maybe? I am amazed by all of you!! :new:
    "The man pulling radishes, pointed the way, with a radish." ISSA

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Just Getting Started

Hi Tess, I made a commitment to myself at Christmas that this year will be alcohol free. We can do it.:l
      Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Just Getting Started

See what I mean, Belles, you are amazing - like the others. How "goes the battle" since Christmas?

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Just Getting Started

Tess-2;1435457 wrote: "The man pulling radishes, pointed the way, with a radish." ISSA
          Dont know that Ive ever heard this saying before?

You will find accountability here for sure, and make many friends, welcome and stick around
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Just Getting Started

tess-2
            i also am making 2013 better af free

Comment

Just Getting Started

Nelz, the quote comes from The Enlightened Heart, An Anthrology of Sacred PoetryEdited by Stephen Mitchell. ISSA (1763 - 1827)

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Just Getting Started

Merry, Yes, 2013 better AF free, that is what's needed. We can do this!

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Just Getting Started

Welcome Tess, you are right. This is a great place you've found for support and accountability. Let's really kick off 2013 with a huge dose of SOBRIETY. We all have fallen; I'm on my 156th Day 2 but who's counting. This is NOT a game for me; don't take me wrong. I, genuinely want this to be it. Wanting is not enough (I've been reminded by the coaches here). We have to have a plan. So read, read, read and don't be shy to join in conversations. Everyone's opinion counts.
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Just Getting Started

tess,welcome! this really is a great place to be
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just Getting Started

Thank you Tipplerette and Paulywogg for your warm welcomes. Really difficult to stop drinking, yes? Need to learn more about this site. I am encouraged!! Here's to a beautiful 2013!!

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Just Getting Started

Just wanted to say:welcome: Tess. You have come to a really great place. Check out all the different threads and read, read! Happy New Year to you!
                        TDN
                        "One day at a time."

Comment

Just Getting Started

Hello Tess and :welcome: from me. Happy 2013 to you :l
                          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Just Getting Started

"Three Dog Night" takes me back to a more innocent time. No alcohol. Yes, I need to read much to understand how to navigate this site. First goal is to live without alcohol. Next goal is to help others live without alcohol. Happy New Year to Every One!!!

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Just Getting Started

Tess-2;1435460 wrote: See what I mean, Belles, you are amazing - like the others. How "goes the battle" since Christmas?
                              I don't feel amazing but thank you!!! I am trying not to look at it as a battle but a gift of a chance to live my life a better,happier way. it has really helped me to change my mindset so far... I expect it to get tougher but I'm ready and determined. I've been noticing that people with long term success really focus on the positive rather than what they are giving up. we can do it too! :h
                              Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Working...
                              X