Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Day one for me today, 2013 is going to be my year to succeed at being AF I have got so sick of drinking lately I really don't think I will struggle much, I want to be sober and enjoy my evenings again instead of just drinking , I have a new hobby - crochet - and am trying to make a blanket, keeping my hands busy is a great way to avoid swigging wine!!
    Taking it ODAT

Hi

Hi Mdodo, welcome back and Happy New Year. I just starting crocheting, too. Are you finding it hard? I certainly am. But I started for the same reason, and also to stretch for some growth.

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Hi

I have started crocheting too!!! I have an afghan half done! I picked a very easy pattern and find it so relaxing. 2013 is going to be my year too.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi

hi ladies, yes I find it really relaxing, I have been trying to teach myself for around a year on and off but finally got the hang of it, there is a fantastic blog called Attic24 and the lady who writes it inspires me so much!! I will post a pic of the squares I have done so far later
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hi

Welcome back, Mauri--and Happy New Year!! Glad you came back.
          I learned to crochet when I was a teenager, hen I found knitting impossible, but haven't done anything since then. May be joining a small group of friends for sewing and craft projects in February. Being AF certainly helps with things like that!!
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi

mauritiusdodo;1435839 wrote: Day one for me today, 2013 is going to be my year to succeed at being AF I have got so sick of drinking lately I really don't think I will struggle much, I want to be sober and enjoy my evenings again instead of just drinking , I have a new hobby - crochet - and am trying to make a blanket, keeping my hands busy is a great way to avoid swigging wine!!

Good to see you again. I too got so sick of drinking that not
            drinking began to look more attractive than continuing to drink.

Good luck with your crocheting and best wishes for the new year!

Comment

Hi

thanks 3dog and flyaway it s good to be back
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hi

Welcome back, Mdodo. I don't know why but I always want to say welcome home when some one returns.

Anyway you're back to fight the fight another day.:goodjob:

Must have a look at that crocheting website. I've tried and tried to crochet. All I've ended up with is a string of knotted yarn and swear words I didn't even know I knew.

It's good to see you.:l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi

JackieClaire, I like that.

Welcome home, Mauri! Wishing you lovely and peaceful evenings. Working with your hands can be so therapeutic! Good to see you again.
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hi

Nice to see you 'home' Dodo I started knitting but couldn't quite work out the crocheting. Will check out the site you mentioned.
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi

hi mdodo,nice to see you back again
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi

Hi Mauri and welcome back. I hope 2013 will be my year to kick the booze as well i'm sick of it.

Comment

Hi

Hi Mauri!!!

SO good to see you back. I crochet too. ALL I can do are scarves and blankets because I can't read a pattern for the life of me...so whatever I make can't be more complicated than going back and forth, back and forth. LOL Does anyone want a scarf? I have about 100 of them. lol I actually learned to crochet when I was sentenced to work furlough (jail at night, they let you out for work then lock you up at night). So whenever my nephews make fun of me for being an old lady and crocheting, I say "Yeah but I learned in jail and I can kick yourA$$". LOL :H

Stick close to us....2013 is going to be a great year! :h

K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi

Me too Mauri - 2013 is going to be a good year! On this journey with you - good to see you back
                            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi

Mauri....

It's great that you are back! You are really taking a good approach by looking for new interests to keep you busy. It's a powerful tool - especially in the early days of getting the toxins out. Those interests also help to rebuild healthy neural pathways in your brain and help to restore the biochemical balance that gets damaged by drinking. So...look at you...smart one! Keep going...and keep checking back in here. Support and friendship is so essential....
                              Sober for the Revolution!
                              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X