2013 Daily Encouragement Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kuya;1494541 wrote: Good to see you.....I hate computer issues I feel so helpless.
    Hope things are going well for you. I've been doing a bit of research. I switched to Chrome Browser as well. That seems to be working better for now. Still some glitches, but not as bad. I ordered a Chromebook for portability as well to replace my table that blew up. It's waiting for me to pick it up. Not feeling so well today, but I'm hoping to go get it tomorrow.

I still have issues to get through on my situation, but my heart is healing more with each day. I sure did learn a powerful lesson.

Thanks Jenn.

:l to all.
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Hiya Slay, You'll prolly not see this before signing off...Just wanted to say :hello: and wish you well. Hope your heart is on the mend. We here if/when you need us. Take good care. P.:kissyface:
      "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Slaythefear;1494868 wrote: Hope things are going well for you. I've been doing a bit of research. I switched to Chrome Browser as well. That seems to be working better for now. Still some glitches, but not as bad. I ordered a Chromebook for portability as well to replace my table that blew up. It's waiting for me to pick it up. Not feeling so well today, but I'm hoping to go get it tomorrow.

I still have issues to get through on my situation, but my heart is healing more with each day. I sure did learn a powerful lesson.

Thanks Jenn.

:l to all.
        Powerful lessons are the ones that stick !

Be good to yourself :h:l

Comment

Bumping this thread for Decided and anyone else who could use some understanding, guidance, and encouragement :l.

Slay and FallenAngel have given us so much in this thread. Maybe it can get going again .

Comment

I really enjoyed reading their daily posts.
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Some great words of encouragement here. Many thanks to Slay and Fallen Angel for starting this thread.
              Free at Last
              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

I looked over this thread again this evening - it is always a good one to come to if you're feeling down or confused. Here are a couple posts that had extra meaning right now:

Slaythefear;1437916 wrote:

?I don't know if I continue, even today, always liking myself. But what I learned to do many years ago was to forgive myself. It is very important for every human being to forgive herself or himself because if you live, you will make mistakes- it is inevitable. But once you do and you see the mistake, then you forgive yourself and say, 'well, if I'd known better I'd have done better,' that's all. So you say to people who you think you may have injured, 'I'm sorry,' and then you say to yourself, 'I'm sorry.' If we all hold on to the mistake, we can't see our own glory in the mirror because we have the mistake between our faces and the mirror; we can't see what we're capable of being. You can ask forgiveness of others, but in the end the real forgiveness is in one's own self. I think that young men and women are so caught by the way they see themselves. Now mind you. When a larger society sees them as unattractive, as threats, as too black or too white or too poor or too fat or too thin or too sexual or too asexual, that's rough. But you can overcome that. The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself. If we don't have that we never grow, we never learn, and sure as hell we should never teach.?

Maya Angelou

FallenAngel;1471614 wrote:

What you do with now

It is not your fault. But it is your responsibility.

The choices you have made have brought you to where you are now. And so have other factors that are completely beyond your control.

There?s nothing to be gained by blaming yourself for the way your life has unfolded. There?s everything to be gained by actively taking full responsibility for the way your life proceeds.

The route you traveled to this point no longer matters, for nothing can be done to change it. What truly matters is what you do with now.

Life is always unpredictable, yet there?s something you can count on. The more sincerely and diligently you give yourself to the living of it, the more life will go your way.

In this moment is every possibility. Take responsibility for it all, and bring the best of those possibilities to life.

? Ralph Marston
                FallenAngel;1473662 wrote:

Do you understand where you are right now? You are in a place, a time, and a set of circumstances toward which you?ve been moving your entire life.

Do you realize the enormous opportunity that now exists? You are more experienced and better prepared than ever before.

Each past failure is now a positive and valuable lesson that you?ve learned about what works and what doesn?t. All the disappointments you?ve ever known have now combined together to create a powerful and meaningful determination that permeates your life.

By this point in your life, your dreams and desires are more in line with who you truly are than they?ve ever been before. And now you?re perfectly positioned to actually achieve them.

Do you realize how truly unique and powerful this very moment is? This is the moment when you can begin to fulfill your greatest possibilities.

This is the moment you?ve been working your way toward for a long time. You are here at last, so fill your world with the lifetime of richness that you?re able to give.

? Ralph Marston
                >
                FallenAngel;1479465 wrote:
                Be Good To Your Future

Be good to your future. Live with purpose, integrity and discipline in the present.

Now is the perfect time to avoid future regrets. Now is the ideal time to create massive future value.

Today, you have great leverage over how your life will be tomorrow. Use that leverage in such a way that you?ll look back on your choices with gratitude and satisfaction.

What you do right now has a significant influence far into the future. Feel that awesome power and exercise it wisely.

Never forget that all your actions have very real consequences. Today you can choose the actions that bring the best,
                most desirable consequences.

Be good to yourself by being good to your future. Use your choices right now to choose a future that?s just the way you?d like it to be.

? Ralph Marston

FallenAngel;1479943 wrote:

Run Joyfully Toward Life

Run joyfully toward life and embrace it with open arms. Each day brings its own treasure in the flavors, aromas, sights, sounds, situations, experiences and interactions that come your way.

Don?t get bogged down attempting to resist or deny what has already happened. Put your energy into using what you have to make life better than ever.

Embrace the beauty, the joy, the wonder and the abundance of life. At the same time, embrace the challenges, the setbacks, the disappointments and the difficulties.

Be genuinely thankful for every moment, whatever it may contain. For in each moment is your opportunity to fully live, to grow, to learn, to experience, to share and to create unique, lasting value.

Welcome the ever-changing richness of life as it dances before your eyes in ways you?ve never seen before. Join passionately in that dance and be a part of the richness.

Follow the winding path as it moves up, down, over and around through the steadily increasing abundance and fulfillment of your life. Know more fully, as each moment passes, the profound joy of being.

? Ralph Marston
                Thank you, FallenAngel, for everything you've done for me. :h NS

Comment

Nice, encouranging. Thanks!!!
                  ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

This thread helped me focus on all the positive outcomes of becoming free from addiction. A "rock bottom" can get you going and remembering it is an important tool to use if you're ever tempted to give up what you've gained, but it doesn't move you forward. That is done with the Attitude of Gratitude that Lav so often talks about. It requires forgiveness - of ourselves and others. It takes work. After living in the hell of addiction, it doesn't feel natural or easy to move toward the light. This thread, and particularly FallenAngel, helped show me the way and I'm so grateful.

I hope reading through it can help someone else and maybe we'll find some things to add to it.

Comment

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”– Hellen Keller
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Many of the quotes in this thread that really touched me were from Ralph Marsten. Here was his post yesterday:
                        When you choose

You will be miserable when you choose to be miserable. You will be happy when you choose to be happy.
                        You don’t need a certain job or activity, or a certain collection of possessions, or a specific set of circumstances in order to enjoy life. You must simply choose to enjoy life.
                        You can choose in any situation to feel whatever way you wish to feel. When you choose to feel empowered, fulfilled and positively purposeful, you are.
                        Do you wish to be old, young, rich, poor, smart, foolish, useless or highly effective? It is all in the way you look at life, and all in the way you choose.
                        Yes, there are solid objective realities about which you cannot do very much. What matters to you, though, is your subjective viewpoint, which is always yours to choose.
                        You are the way you choose to be. Choose your own unique greatness, and your choice makes life greater with each passing day.
                        — Ralph Marston

Read more at http://greatday.com/motivate/150119....sjIQ68gWCpT.99

Comment

Re: 2013 Daily Encouragement Thread

bump

Comment

Working...
                          X