Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Hi all , quick question , day 2 again !!!! After some great AF time up to last july , and slowly back to my old ways , I am back to try again , is it common to be really low in the first few days , dont remember feeling this bad , not a physical withdrawal , but mentally really struggling , not craving a drink ( or maybe i am ? ) maybe it just gets harder and harder each time you relapse ? Have gone 6 months Af four times in the last few yrs , worried now i ll never kick this ..... Thanks for listening . I am very grateful to you all as here has helped me over the yrs
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

Day 2

Hi, damo:
    You will get better and better. Don't worry so much about comparing to last time, it's so great you are doing this for your health.

Come join 2013--let's do it thread! Lots of day 2 there to get support and advice.

Good to see you!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Day 2

Yeah it seems to get worse every time relapse happens. All I can say is that baclofen helps me alot and so does the support from this site! I have 100 days AF today. Life just keeps getting better and better!
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Day 2

hi Hun yes I've been feeling the same thought I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown earlier and the negative thoughts were getting the better of me, this is the worst I've felt since coming off the booze, but starting to feel better mentally, just feel stressed and tense at the min x

Comment

Day 2

I was just thinking about you the other day Damo and here you are. So glad you chose to come back. So easy to say f*** it and carry on but you didn't and returned to fight the fight another day.

Have to say after my last relapse I was mentally and physically just done in.

A revisit to the tool box and finding a thread to check in daily works. It's worked for me.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Oh and nip into the Army thread if you want a bit of craic.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day 2

I cant really remember exactly what I was feeling when I was in the early stages. I do know that the results vary from person to person, and Id day that probably every emotion you can experience is bound to happen.

Most of us spent a lot of time wrecking our bodies, minds, and spirits, and now the body is trying to adjust back to normal. Just stay strong, and beat those urges now when they are screaming the hardest, and soon enough, they will be reduced to mere occasional whispers.

Oh, and this is for your first AF day!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2018753=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 2

Hi Damo,

I felt really down for about the first 4-5 days and it's slowly lifting -I'm still not feeling wonderful - but I have a glimmer of hope that I keep hanging on to. I can stay AF and NEVER have to feel this way again. That's how I'm keeping going. And once I get to the point like Nelz where I can say "I don't really remember how I felt..." I will know I'm there.

Here's to an AF 2013.
              Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Day 2

damo
                i did the same thing and am starting again day 3 for me aiming for jan af first goal

Comment

Day 2

Thank you all for your encouraging words.
                  I am finding it difficult but determined to keep going.
                  Hopefully my previous "quits" will help me this time around.
                  I remember the great feeling waking up full of energy ready for the days challenges.
                  Now everyday is a chore. I have no will for anything anymore.
                  Hope my days improve soon and I stay AF.

Thanks again and I will keep in touch.

Damo in Dublin
                  Still trying !!!
                  AF 25th June2014

Comment

Day 2

Molly, really happy to see you doing so well. You should be so proud of yourself.

JC.......you have always been so encouraging to me in my previous quits,it is really appreciated
                    Still trying !!!
                    AF 25th June2014

Comment

Day 2

Hi Damo!

Good to see you again. Never quit quitting! You can do this and we can help. I am on day 3 of quitting the ciggies (again...) so I can totally understand the voices and cravings. Each day that passes it will get easier...if it didn't, nobody would ever succeed. I went 81 days smoke free and then blew it...for no other reason than I JUST DID. Sucks, but we can all start over. I'll quit smoking and you quit drinking and we'll share this journey together ok?

Hang in there!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Day 2

Never quit quitting!
                        K9Lover;1437447 wrote: Hi Damo!

Good to see you again. Never quit quitting! You can do this and we can help. I am on day 3 of quitting the ciggies (again...) so I can totally understand the voices and cravings. Each day that passes it will get easier...if it didn't, nobody would ever succeed. I went 81 days smoke free and then blew it...for no other reason than I JUST DID. Sucks, but we can all start over. I'll quit smoking and you quit drinking and we'll share this journey together ok?

Hang in there!

K9
                        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Day 2

damo180;1437435 wrote: Thank you all for your encouraging words.
                          I am finding it difficult but determined to keep going.
                          Hopefully my previous "quits" will help me this time around.
                          I remember the great feeling waking up full of energy ready for the days challenges.
                          Now everyday is a chore. I have no will for anything anymore.
                          Hope my days improve soon and I stay AF.

Thanks again and I will keep in touch.

Damo in Dublin
                          welcome back Damo, I remember you from another time round. Come and join the army, we are all mental over there and loads of support

good luck!
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Day 2

Hello again

Day 2 for me as well, today will be day 3.. No cigs and no wine... The blackouts were an every night occurence, that became the new normal, My 5 year old daughter says you were crazy, or dont be crazy tonight, alot of times i would fall asleep ( pass out ) and they would try and wake me up and wouldnt be able to and they would tell me in the morning. I felt terrible, i dont know how long this has been going on, or how much they will remember at the tender ages of 5 and 8. But I shared with them last night, after my daughter said dont be crazy tonight, that its the wine that mommy drinks that makes me fall asleep and do silly things. I said sometimes, i maybe can have a little, but not alot. I feel a little guilty about letting them on to my little secret, but its just got to stop.... Happy New Year to all!

Comment

Day 2

Hi Damo good to see you back, you have done this before you can do this again, i cant remember how long for all the energy to come back but i do remember the "pink cloud" feeling and then after it feeling flat/down but that also passed.
                              i dont get on here much these days but have also noticed you were missing glad to see you back.

Whitemarsh hi, dont feel guilty about telling them your little secret but do feel guilty about getting drunk and passing out on them every night. Then every time you feel like taking a drink take this guilt out and use it , i also did the same to my kids when they were younger and at times this guilt helped me stay sober .
                              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Working...
                              X