stuffed it right up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stuffed it right up

so yesterday was my start of a new year was going home to have a nice bottle of sparkling water and wake up fresh but somehow had a few beers and a bottle of red and stayed up very late

FUCK

stuffed it right up

[QUOTE=The time is now;1437001but somehow had a few beers and a bottle of red and stayed up very late

FUCKI too have done this on more occasions than I can count but I now realise I did'nt SOMEHOW have a few beers ,I CHOSE TO HAVE A FEW BEERS.What I have learned from being on mwo is that no-one was sneaking into my home and draggging me out the door to a liquor store and forcing me to buy beer,go home and drink it.Every time I did that I would feel awful the next day and promise not to do it again.Guess what happened?.knowing I would feel awful, that people were worried and that I was damaging my health and happiness I did it anyway.
    So I asked myself why?Why do I want do physically mentally and emotionally destroy my self?
    Do I have isssues?of course,who does'nt .So maybe if I addressed them I could quit.?
    Nope,doesnt work that way.I've learned that if you have issues causing you to drink, quit first and then sort them out coz you sure as hell aint gonna sort them out when your pissed every night.Sorry for hijacking your thread and this is not aimed at you but its more of a rant at myself for wasting years of my life lolling around on a sofa drinking myself into a stupor while there was a whole world out there I left pass me by.
    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

stuffed it right up

Hi TTIN...
      Now when you say "somehow", what does that mean? Does it mean you decided to have a beer, which led to 2, which led to 5, which led to a bottle of wine? If so, I completely understand. Accept your responsibility in it. It didn't "just happen". Once you see YOUR role in getting drunk (and not just alcohol's) it becomes easier to stop the madness. Hope you're ok today.
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

stuffed it right up

ALSO - don't feel the pressure of it being new years day to start. "New year, new me" people seem to all say at this time - and if it helps them, then that is brilliant. But I find the pressure does the opposite to me. I can't stand it, and some thing or voice inside me goes "screw this, I'm gonna have a drink, I'M FINE!" ... So instead I start my quit quietly, with peeps here, on a day that suited me and just did it. Moment by moment building up the days.

So, TTIN, Start anytime. Start now. Just start. It is only your choice. You know the drill. It aint easy, but it gets easier. That's what we're here for. Be well.

Comment

stuffed it right up

I agree with patrick we have all done the same thing and it's our choice wether to drink or not
          time is now ......we have all done the same thing and all had the best reasons why to do it only to wish we hadn't the next morning .....
          just pick your self up and start again with new strength and determination to stop .......

Comment

stuffed it right up

Hi TTIN, I have done the same thing so many times, yes it is our choice, but sometimes so much easier said than done. If it really was just a matter of choice we wouldn't keep doing things that harm us repeatedly. It does get easier when we decide to put the drink down, I agree with RC, don't put pressure on yourself, once you decide to stop, just do it right now. Good luck.

Comment

stuffed it right up

me too,i dont like the first to be my starting point,somehow it seems harder,plus a new year,we need to change,i know all that,we can change..and we will
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

stuffed it right up

K9Lover;1437052 wrote: Hi TTIN...
                Now when you say "somehow", what does that mean? Does it mean you decided to have a beer, which led to 2, which led to 5, which led to a bottle of wine? If so, I completely understand. Accept your responsibility in it. It didn't "just happen". Once you see YOUR role in getting drunk (and not just alcohol's) it becomes easier to stop the madness. Hope you're ok today.
                K9
                yes correct - i do take responsability

i was doing pretty well over xmas didnt go to mental , was just at home alobne and thought i`ll just have a couple

i dont feel to bad today which is a miracle in its self , might just make some feel good chicken soup and heel the body

Comment

stuffed it right up

K9Lover;1437052 wrote: Hi TTIN...
                  K9
                  Well said

Comment

stuffed it right up

Never thought I'd agree but it is really by choice. Every January 1st I'd decide to give up alcohol for a few weeks. I'd automatically postpone it until 2nd January as "the 1st doesn't count".. within days I was drinking again because I would say to myself 'I'll just have one and it's improvement'.. 1 was just like pushing a car down the hill with the handbrake off. Who was I kidding.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

stuffed it right up

Patrick;1437051 wrote: I too have done this on more occasions than I can count but I now realise I did'nt SOMEHOW have a few beers ,I CHOSE TO HAVE A FEW BEERS.What I have learned from being on mwo is that no-one was sneaking into my home and draggging me out the door to a liquor store and forcing me to buy beer,go home and drink it.Every time I did that I would feel awful the next day and promise not to do it again.Guess what happened?.knowing I would feel awful, that people were worried and that I was damaging my health and happiness I did it anyway.
                      So I asked myself why?Why do I want do physically mentally and emotionally destroy my self?
                      Do I have isssues?of course,who does'nt .So maybe if I addressed them I could quit.?
                      Nope,doesnt work that way.I've learned that if you have issues causing you to drink, quit first and then sort them out coz you sure as hell aint gonna sort them out when your pissed every night.Sorry for hijacking your thread and this is not aimed at you but its more of a rant at myself for wasting years of my life lolling around on a sofa drinking myself into a stupor while there was a whole world out there I left pass me by.
                      I love living in the sober world. Before with beer I merely existed and beer lived. Now I LIVE and beer exists somewhere else!
                      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

stuffed it right up

Well said Hippy!
                        :notes:
                        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

stuffed it right up

Hippyman;1437430 wrote: I love living in the sober world. Before with beer I merely existed and beer lived. Now I LIVE and beer exists somewhere else!
                          True dat Hippy...SoberWorld rocks! I used to "survive" the day instead of living it. Plus I always had the taste/smell of beer hanging over me. Yuck.

I used to work across the street from a bar and every day they would get their delivery to re-stock their shelves. Whenever the Bud Light truck would pull up my co-workers would say "Your order is here"...yeah, it was funny but sad at the same time.
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

stuffed it right up

K9Lover;1437440 wrote: True dat Hippy...SoberWorld rocks! I used to "survive" the day instead of living it. Plus I always had the taste/smell of beer hanging over me. Yuck.

I used to work across the street from a bar and every day they would get their delivery to re-stock their shelves. Whenever the Bud Light truck would pull up my co-workers would say "Your order is here"...yeah, it was funny but sad at the same time.
                            There is a convenient store across the street from my house and those trucks would drive me insane! ...well it wasn't really a drive so much as a short walk! lol I would sit on my porch and droll. Now with baclofen in me the feeling of nausea comes over me and I think...THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I.
                            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

stuffed it right up

thanks every one for your words, only had 4 beers last night and been for a massive swim this morning feeling good today ! onwards and upwards

Comment

Working...
                              X