Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 and feeling decent

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!!

11 months! That's so fantastic!!! At this point I still can't see myself without that drink, but I am not drinking.

I am at Day 6. I made it through the weekend. I was chatting with my husband earlier today and said that I still can't see myself without drinking, yet, I feel great. I like not waking up foggy, my husband being pissed at me and the kids not getting frustrated. I'm lucky with him because he's not drinking with me so it makes things so much easier. I know there's times in the past that I was on say Day 3, and he comes home with a case of beer and I have no will power.

My goal is 30 days, for now, taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Day 2 and feeling decent

paulywogg;1439192 wrote: good job flyaway!
      Thanks Pauly! How are you doing?

Comment

Day 2 and feeling decent

Well done New Day and Phin!

Phin I couldn't see myself embracing abstinence forever when I first started. Yes I wanted to quit. But could I see myself going on vacation and not drinking? Or having a party at my house and not drinking? Hell No! But eventually after much trial and error I got to the point where I wanted sobriety more than I wanted to be able to drink on vacation. I got to the point where not drinking ever became more attractive than trying to moderate. I had to find my own way, as do we all. My husband was no help to me whatsoever. He offered and offered and offered me booze and when I kept refusing, went out and bought me a half gallon of vodka, my drink of choice! That was about 7 months ago and the bottle is still sitting in the cupboard. He has drank some of it, but not a drop has passed my lips. He just asked me a couple weeks ago to try some wine he was drinking. He said, "I know you're not drinking, but try this. It's really good." And I said, "I don't know why you keep asking me to drink." He had no response.

I wish I had support like yours Phin. It's really nice of your husband to quit with you.

Comment

Day 2 and feeling decent

OMG Fly, you have such willpower. I would have drank if that was me, I know I would. I thank my lucky stars for my hubby. He wants it for me, and I want it for myself. I need AF time under my belt to realize that I don't need it. I've done 6 months and I wish I never started again. But, I did.....and now I need to change.

Comment

Working...
          X