Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Baclofen, anxiety and nutrition, supps etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All..

Hoping you can help... I have a 5 year history of severe panic and axiety attacks which led to self medicating by heavy drinking.. The last 5 years included benzo addiction, thanks to doctors, addictions to anti depressants, betablockers, painkillers etc.. All to try and ease my anxiety and panic attacks..
    The good news is, right now i'm almost 3 months alcohol free, no longer take anti depressants, benzos etc. I now take baclofen at 100mg a day, with just a Vit B compound and Thiamine..
    My alcohol cravings are virtually gone, but I am still getting some anxiety and panic attacks, some of which were pretty severe especially over xmas and new year.. Do I need to increase my dose... anyone had similar experiences..
    After 5 years of abuse my body is smashed and wrecked, I'm really interested in any supps, vits etc that can help as sure my body is defficient in so many areas, and theres so much stuff on the internet that I dont know where to start..
    Anything that you have experience of helping take away the anxiety and panic attcks would be great..
    In summary..looking for people like me who can help shed some light on all this, help with Baclofen dosage and advice, supplements/vitamins to take ...
    Please help and the more replies the better.. Look forward to hearing from you all..
    A Fellow sufferer..:new::thanks:

I self medicated too

For the last.14 years ( 8 really intensly) on day 2 today I stoped taking meds because they all had side effects and I would abuse them too. For me thee best thing that works. Is no alcohol ( makes it worse long term) b cites, omega 369,magnesium, and vitamin D. Melatonin helps me sleep, and I felt soo much better when I made myself workout 4 times a week. And iI take bcaa to help with muscle tone and working out...it helps also (you can get it in pwder with L- glutamine as well wich is good). I've been doingthis for about 4 years now with some breaks, but when I do I'm always feeling great...now to follow your lead and smash the bottle!!! Congrats. On your 3 months anxiety and fear kept me from really trying for a long time...you should be very proud of yourself.

Hope this helps!

P.s forgot to mention that processed foods, high carb/sugar, dients seem to make things worse for me. Everyones diffrent though. Good luck!

Comment

Hi Comeback Kid,

Wish I had a lot of answers to your questions. I don't. The reason for my reply is that I feel some of your pain. I am trying to get baclofen. I have suffered anxiety, insomnia, panic and so much more for a very long time.

This is a great place to get support. I've been here since New Year's Eve and have managed to stay away from alcohol.

I'm certain that someone with experience will respond to your post. I am awaiting the arrival of the MY WAY OUT book that I ordered. I am hopeful that it will have some of the answers.

A fellow sufferer too...
      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
      pointed the way
      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

i'm just starting Baclofen to treat anxiety and addition

[This is my first time on this forum, hang in there because thier might be hope. I will let you know how this goes. Heal Thyself by Olivier Ameisen M.D might be a sourse of hope, see it on Amazon
        QUOTE=The Comeback Kid;1438767]Hi All..

Hoping you can help... I have a 5 year history of severe panic and axiety attacks which led to self medicating by heavy drinking.. The last 5 years included benzo addiction, thanks to doctors, addictions to anti depressants, betablockers, painkillers etc.. All to try and ease my anxiety and panic attacks..
        The good news is, right now i'm almost 3 months alcohol free, no longer take anti depressants, benzos etc. I now take baclofen at 100mg a day, with just a Vit B compound and Thiamine..
        My alcohol cravings are virtually gone, but I am still getting some anxiety and panic attacks, some of which were pretty severe especially over xmas and new year.. Do I need to increase my dose... anyone had similar experiences..
        After 5 years of abuse my body is smashed and wrecked, I'm really interested in any supps, vits etc that can help as sure my body is defficient in so many areas, and theres so much stuff on the internet that I dont know where to start..
        Anything that you have experience of helping take away the anxiety and panic attcks would be great..
        In summary..looking for people like me who can help shed some light on all this, help with Baclofen dosage and advice, supplements/vitamins to take ...
        Please help and the more replies the better.. Look forward to hearing from you all..
        A Fellow sufferer..:new::thanks:[/QUOTE]

Comment

Anexiety HELP needed.!!!

Thank you all the above for your replys, its so frustrating really, as using Baclofen I seemed to find my DRINK switch really quickley really, but my anxiety is still there everyday just under the surface as always. so im now in a confused state not knowing if to go up from 100mg a day or wait and see how it goes.??????? any advice is more than welcome.
          And diet help with supps just seems a nightmare of confusing data, but i will look at the advice given, thank you. I JUST WANT CONTROL OF MY ANXIETY...........PLEASE HELP.!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X