• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and on Day 3 AF

welcome breezy,youll love it here,tons of good advice
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

New here and on Day 3 AF

Hi Pauly!

Thanks for the welcome!

:thanks:
      Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

New here and on Day 3 AF

Hi Breezy, just catching up with ya! I see right now we are both on day 5! Whoopee!

I am going to be 40 this year. My kids have seen enough of me drunk. Last Friday was really bad. My husband and I got so drunk and we were yelling at eachother over how we were disciplining our 8 and 7 year olds (we also have a 2 year old). Next day we were very pissed off at eachother. I took my last 8 oz of vodka at noon (Saturday). I had started up 12.5mg of topamax the night before (Friday) anticipating quitting on Monday. Well, it was an earlier quit. Poured the rest of MY booze (although I'll drink anything) down the drain.

The topamax 12.5mg AM and PM has been my life saver. It's an anticraving drug. Works miracles for me. Plus the fact that my kids have witnessed so much. My girls go to Christian school, and my oldest came home Monday and said she and her class prayed for us. OH GAWD.

My husband is still drinking. Doesn't bug me because I have no cravings for it AT ALL. It disgusts me (only because of the Topa and my image of my kids). Anyway, I know he's tapering down. He will try the Topa this weekend. I am also taking 1 - 2 Ativan a day for the anxious part. And an over-the-counter sleep aid at night. Slept terribly last night anyway, but no hangover today, so all is good! Just dealing with a sleep deprived headache! Nothing a little chocolate won't help later today!

Anway... I know this is it for me.... My next step is to get antabuse once I find someone who will pescribe it to me.

Any questions, let me know!

Cheers to another day!
        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Working...
        X