X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting out on MWO

Hi, I am new and am 5 days sober.

Just starting out on MWO

Just wanted to welcome you and say great job! Hope you continue with your plan.
    Kdog
    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

Welcome peaceseeker! Congrats on 5 days of sobriety!! I'm new to MWO and am on Day 6. I don't think I would have made it past day 1 with MWO. These are the things I find most helpful so far: 1) Posting my Alcohol Free (AF) Days on Newbies Nest Roll Call every morning. This gives me a strong sense of accomplishment. 2) Reading the posts on Newbies Nest. The struggles and victories of my fellow fledglings keeps me focused and motivated. Also, senior members post words of encouragement and wisdom. 3) Posting my experiences on Newbies Nest. Whatever I'm experiencing -- good & bad, up & down -- it is therapeutic for me to write it out. I've learned a lot about alcoholism and how to overcome it in less than a week!! :welcome:
      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
      pointed the way
      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

Hi Peaceseeker, and a big welcome to you!

You have found a great place full of relevant, useful, inspiring resources and people.

Check out our toolbox and may i suggest you read, read, and read some more.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Brilliant stuff on your 5 days sober! Keep it going.

Best wishes on your journey,

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

Congratulations Peace! Keep up the good work...you are worth the effort.

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

Hello Peaceseeker and be Welcome! I hope you find encouragement and support here! This is a great site with wonderful people. Keep in touch and feel free to post both your ups and downs! Cheers!
            :earth: Tree23

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

Welcome from another newbie!

Hi Peace - I am 3 days AF and today is my first time posting! Welcome and congrats on 5 days! I read and read through a lot of this wonderful site for 3 days before posting. I'm pretty sure the stories and encouragement made it that much easier to make it through the weekend without drinking!! Every night I have gone to bed not drinking has felt REALLY good! The morning... Even better! It will be the socializing that will be hard for me. We live in a party town....

:welcome: :goodjob:
              Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

Welcome!!! Keep on keeping on
                If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

welcome peace! youre ahead of me on a.f days,keep going!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

peaceseeker;1439226 wrote: Hi, I am new and am 5 days sober.
                    Congrats on getting through the first weekend of the new year! :goodjob:

Comment

Just starting out on MWO

Hello & welcome peaceseeker!

So glad you found us & CONGRATS on your 5 AF days - great work!!!

Please feel fre to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support.
                      Keep up the great work!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X