What did people say when you said I quit drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKendall;1440848 wrote: Once you have alcohol free time, you won't feel the need to defend yourself.

However, in the meantime, you have received excellent suggestions - I'm on antibiotics is another one.
    I am so over being embarassed!
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

So I told a good friend whose been complainning about wanting to cut down on his weekend escapades- about my no longer drinking...his first reaction was "COMPLEETLY???" Lol! He just stared at me and on our way home he asked me why, I told all I've come to realize about the reality of booze and drinking, and now he's down for 30 days! I'm unofficially on a mission to make sober the new drunk.

Comment

Tree - Same here...I think the only people that really noticed I quit drinking were all the clerks at the various liquor stores. There's one about a half a mile down the road from me that I would go to daily, sometimes twice a day. I'd stumble in there later at night drunk, and I'm suprised the guy didn't call the cops on me. He HAD to know I shouldn't have been driving! One time I even fell in the middle of the aisle and started laughing like it was the funniest thing ever. If anything, he may miss the entertainment I provided...I usually went in my yoga pants that had a hole in the left arse cheek, so he got quite an eyefull. LOL

Hippy - Brad and I are expecting the triplets in a few months...he's so excited. HA
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1441221 wrote: Tree - Same here...I think the only people that really noticed I quit drinking were all the clerks at the various liquor stores. There's one about a half a mile down the road from me that I would go to daily, sometimes twice a day. I'd stumble in there later at night drunk, and I'm suprised the guy didn't call the cops on me. He HAD to know I shouldn't have been driving! One time I even fell in the middle of the aisle and started laughing like it was the funniest thing ever. If anything, he may miss the entertainment I provided...I usually went in my yoga pants that had a hole in the left arse cheek, so he got quite an eyefull. LOL

Hippy - Brad and I are expecting the triplets in a few months...he's so excited. HA
          /note to self, obtain security camera footage from said liquor store..........:H

I guess I was very lucky, everyone I told was totally ok with my choice. To be honest, if someone were to have a problem with me not drinking, we would suddenly develop a problem.

I live by the philosophy of it's your life, do what you will, and Ill be dammed if anyone will judge me for making a healthy and wise decision

I hope you encounter only good vibes
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

When I am unusually bitchy and someone asks me ?Why won?t you have a drink??, I just answer ?Why should I??
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

shueaddict;1441615 wrote: When I am unusually bitchy and someone asks me ?Why won?t you have a drink??, I just answer ?Why should I??
              Shue! So good to see you! I hope you are well. :l

Comment

Ah, Fly ... great to see you're getting very close to the 1 year mark.

I had a 4 week relapse in Nov - but manged my first AF New Year's eve ever. I am 2 weeks AF now and feel really good about keeping the momentum going.

but busy busy busy in work ... lurking on MWO while waiting in traffict or other little stolen minutes.

big hugs
                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Most of my friends drink pretty hard and every once in a while one of them will quit drinking to prove to himself that he still has a handle on things. After going a week or two, he deems himself okay and resumes drinking. This includes my husband.

I have a medical issue that everyone close to me knows about. Initially I told everyone that I was quitting because of this condition; to see if things improved. Truthfully it really didn't make a difference, but no one knows that except me. And now I take a medication for the condition on which you're not supposed to drink, so I've got two excuses. But now that it's been nearly 11 months everyone that I'm close to isn't surprised when I don't drink.

If I meet someone new I simply say, "I don't drink." After saying this one time a guy asked me if it was because I was the designated driver. I said, "No, I don't drink ever." He said, "Oh, good for you!" If pressed on the issue, I'd have no problem being rude right back to someone.

The idea that drinking a poison is normal is so ingrained in society that people think you have a problem if you don't drink. Hmm, s/he must be an alcoholic because s/he doesn't drink! Just like saying someone must be a crackhead because s/he doesn't use crack. :nutso:

Comment

K9Lover;1441221 wrote: Tree - Same here...I think the only people that really noticed I quit drinking were all the clerks at the various liquor stores. There's one about a half a mile down the road from me that I would go to daily, sometimes twice a day. I'd stumble in there later at night drunk, and I'm suprised the guy didn't call the cops on me. He HAD to know I shouldn't have been driving! One time I even fell in the middle of the aisle and started laughing like it was the funniest thing ever. If anything, he may miss the entertainment I provided...I usually went in my yoga pants that had a hole in the left arse cheek, so he got quite an eyefull. LOL

Sounds familiar. The last time I ever drank I had quickly changed into yoga pants and a sweatshirt to walk to the wine store. When I got my bag of clothes from the hospital there was no underwear, my yoga pants were mud-stained and my sweattop cut open from where the paramedics had to get if off me in a hurry. I don't miss those days.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X