Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I do this?

Thanks Everyone. I Feel that I "Made it Through"

:thanks: Two dark months ago when I had nowhere else to turn after just being released from the ER and with my job in limbo, the good people on the message board got me through the weekend and (please pat yourselves on the back) I just celebrated my 46th birthday and have not had a drink in 60 days. A lot of love came through this computer screen and it probably saved my life. I was suicidal.

I want everyone to know that they too can do it. My story is not over, but my life has been handed back to me to make of it what I want.

As for Topamax (since this also about Topa), use it. It works. I steped up to 100mg 2X day w/o real side effects. Living in S. CA/USA my largest side effect was the cost. $325 for 60 100mg pills of which insurance pays only $65. This is because our Topa use is considered "off label". I have found that I can buy it, non generic, through a Canadian mail-order pharmacy for $172.

As a side note, I did check myself into a fancy Malibu rehab clinic and then checked myself out four days later (no, I didn't shave my head or anything). I found that, for me, personal counseling was enough. I think that rehab centers are a good option if you are physically addicted and need to detox. You can follow that up with outpatient - hey, we are all different. Certainly, the MWO is an excellent option. Please do this for yourself and those that love you. I know that it is really hard. Read the boards, if we can do it, I know that you can too.
    I promise.

Comment

How do I do this?

:goodjob: Congrats on the 60 days! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Comment

How do I do this?

Thanks for your story!

I just finished reading your posts. I haven't been on this websight for awhile. I thought I had a handle on things and found out that I don't. I am facing similar things these days of embarassment for my behavior and am afraid to see my friends at our neighborhood country club. I have gotten drunk several times lately in front of people I don't really know very well, but see alot, and have literally fallen down. I don't remember a thing about it but my husband gets me home somehow. I was doing so well when I was listening to the cds and after reading the book. I felt like I could stop when I wanted to and have control over myself. After reading these posts I feel less alone. I am going to start reading the book over again and listen to the cds. I may try the Topa. Its funny, I hate to take some drug that may help me, but have not problem drowning myself in alcohol....Buffy

Comment

How do I do this?

Ready

Welcome back, and congrats on the 60 days! I recall reading your story a couple of months ago, it's so good to see you doing so well. I hope you'll stick around.

Welcome Tired, and welcome back Buffy!

pixie
          AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

How do I do this?

Boy, can I relate to the drunk in front of co-workers thing! Let's see, I've ended up on stage with a band singing Roadhouse Blues, almost fell through a window at an upscale New Orleans eatery, and had to be whisked out of a five-star Las Vegas restaurant by a friend as I inched closer and closer to punching my boss!

Everyone just passed it off as my being a "real character." Now I realize that I was simply a drunk!

Hang in there. I think many of us can relate to playing the fool.

Comment

How do I do this?

Congratulations Ready to Change and happy Birthday! Thank you for checking back in and posting your success. 60 days is a long time and you should be so proud of yourself. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.
              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
              X