Feel so nice to wake up and remember!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so tired of waking up and asking myself... Did I tuck them in? Did I braid her hair? Last night I woke up several times in the middle of the night and was so relieved that I remembered and I thanked god and felt so happy and relieved. I didn't wake up with a headache I didn't spend money that I don't have. I think this has a little to do with the fact that my son told me last week " Mom, I think you had a little too much wine" I was devestated. I am actually looking forward to going to bed tonight and remembering it. Thank you all! This really helps me. I need all the motivation and support I can get. GOD HELP ME!!!!

:new:

I can relate!

My kids are older, 16 and 17. But I would wake up wondering, are they home? Did they text or call and tell me where they were staying? Are they in bed? Did their friends stay over? Then try and act like I know what's all happening the next day after I tell them a story and they say " mom, you told us already!" or "mom, you already asked me that, I told you"". Yuck. I HATE that feeling. I've also left candles burning, my gas stove on (low) and my gas BBQ going once for about 2 days!!!!! I was freaking out wondering how much THAT bill would be!!!!! Wasn't too bad thank god! Just so many instances of NOT knowing what I said or did or what others told me already!! Enough!!! :upset:
    Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

welcome m22, yeah it is great to wake up remembering what we did the nite before,not saying something dumb,remembering what we made for dinner,taking care of our families,you keep going strong!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congrats M22

Keep up the AF days M22. :goodjob:

Deb

Comment

M22 I agree, when my son was tiny and I was feeding him!!! I woke up one morning and he was lying next to me I had got him out of his cot fed him (milk with high alcohol content I should think) and slept with him with no idea or memory in the morning ;0( god what a bad mother, and the irony is I am middle class and we frown on so called bad mothers!
          Ive also driven my kids to school when I know I'm still over the limit, and other and things :0( makes me cringe xx
          AF since 2nd Oct 2012
          Day by day

Comment

Yup, its good to remember the night before..........and NOT have to come down and delete a bunch of angry posts on the puter and or the phone
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

I know the 'you told me that already' all so well! Thank god that's over!!

Welcome and conratulations!!!!

Comment

have to agree it is good to wake up with a clean conscious

Comment

Keep up the good work. Childhood memories are important.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

You can do it. This time 4 sure!
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Oh yeah, I heard the "you told me last night" line many, many times...I'd always say "I know, I was just testing to see if you were listening to me"....she didn't believe me though. lol

I've hung pictures, moved furniture, shaved the dogs (BAD experience) and many other things while drunk as a skunk. I used to have to go snooping around the house to see what I'd gotten up to the night before. So glad those days are over!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

shaved the dogs! thats funny,but sad the dumb things weve done
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

K9Lover;1440836 wrote: Oh yeah, I heard the "you told me last night" line many, many times...I'd always say "I know, I was just testing to see if you were listening to me"....she didn't believe me though. lol

I've hung pictures, moved furniture, shaved the dogs (BAD experience) and many other things while drunk as a skunk. I used to have to go snooping around the house to see what I'd gotten up to the night before. So glad those days are over!
                          Shaved the dog...lol Pictures PLEASE!
                          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Shaved the dog!!

Haha K9. That is good. I am a dog groomer so did you have to take them to get the job "fixed" after??:H

Deb

Comment

K9Lover;1440836 wrote: I used to have to go snooping around the house to see what I'd gotten up to the night before. So glad those days are over!
                              Don't forget checking your emails, call logs, text messages, Facebook, online forums, etc. :bigcry:

Comment

Working...
                              X