I am so thankful!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so thankful!!

I am so thankful to have found this wonderful community today. I never even knew it existed before. I was online to check out this week's schedule of AA meetings to decide which meetings I would go to this week and found a link to MWO. I've been doing AA on and off for 2 years, but never liked it or found it very helpful.

You people are all fabulous - courageous, supportive, loving - just what I need. I am so eager to join your wonderful family.

I have been an alcoholic for 30 years. I have tried so many times and in so many ways to quit. I have a very good job, wonderful family, etc. but very nearly lost it all to my drinking two years ago. I got very close. I am still scared to death. I have a wonderful therapist who has pulled me through these last two years, and I was sober for 1 1/2 years, but recently relapsed. I know I can't do this on my own.

This is the first time I feel at home in all this time. Sharing with people who are going through the hell I go through and reaching out to people when they need a helping hand. We all need helping hands.

I am ordering the book and CD's right away and feel optimistic for the first time.

Thank you all so much.

:new:
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

I am so thankful!!

Welcome Home Mags, Glad you are here. Keep reading and keep posting there are incredible people here.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Mags I see you are from the NE are you getting slammed with snow like I am?
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Welcome Mags. Glad you found us. I am fairly new here myself and have found this forum incredibly supportive and so helpful to me while I am finding my way in my new sober life. Look forward to hearing more from you in the near future.

:welcome:
        :rays: mdb :rays:

Good at being AF. Not so good at Moderation.

Lots of work yet to do!

Comment

I am so thankful!!

and glad you found us!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Beaches

I got 20 inches of snow this weekend. Guess you could call that slammed. At least I didn't get the other kind of slammed!

Comment

I am so thankful!!

OK Mags I will give you the tally when it's all said and done b/c I just went out for the 5th time tonight to shovel and I can't keep up with it!!! I think we are being punished for the nice December we had.

Comment

I am so thankful!!

My husband, son, and I spent a total of 8 hours shoveling. But for skiers like me this is a dream come true. Hittin' the slopes Monday morning!

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Welcome, Mags!

Could y'all send some of the snow our way - we've had the worst skiing season here for the last 6 years - mind you I'm now ready for sun and warmth, so on second thoughts could you just bottle some for next year?

Great to have you with us, Mags - you'll find as much support you want here - we aint goin nowhere - so keep posting, asking, talking, sharing...:welcome:

Warmest wishes on your snowy Sunday
                  :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                  Goals:
                  Days 1-7 DONE
                  Days 8-14 DONE
                  Days 15-21 DONE
                  30 days DONE
                  60 days
                  100 days

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Hi Mags & :welcome:

Keep your ssnow there please, I hate the cold.

Take care xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Of PP checking this website when she's stuck in traffic on her new cellphone

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Well come Mags!! you have come to a good place. B

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Thanks to all of you. I changed my Avatar. I like the happy toes - reminds me of me somehow. I have a whole new set of sisters and brothers. I like big families. That's cool.

Comment

I am so thankful!!

I LOVE your happy toes....sounds like a good name for a new band!
                            Glad to hear that you've found somewhere that hits the spot for you Mags...AA works for some, but not others...we all need something a little different....

Big homely (cosy, not ugly) hugs.....Weemelon x

Comment

I am so thankful!!

Welcome Mags, glad you're here.. You'll find all the help and support you could possibly want here, if there is anything you want to know, just ask...

Louise xx
                              A F F L..
                              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
                              X