Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another n00b!

Hi all,

Brand new here. I need some advice, I guess. I'm looking to reduce my drinking to get my insomnia and weight under control. I don't currently think I need to quit altogether but I will be re-evaluating as I go along. My issues are insomnia (can't sleep unless I've a few drinks) and what call 'the yips' (shakes) during the day. I have occasional anxiety but it's not bad at the moment. Plus I'd like to lose ~30 pounds

I've never done anything humiliating (at least due to alcohol, yuk yuk). It doesn't have much effect other than I'm concerned for my health - great job, great marriage, wonderful family, etc.

A big problem is that I work from home and my husband makes mead as a hobby, so I'm constantly alone with alcohol (and mead has a high alcohol content).

Anyway, I haven't browsed a lot of content here, but I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from you all.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Another n00b!

hi siren welcome
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another n00b!

Hi Siren and Welcome! :welcome:

The health dimension of this thing is pretty big and unfortunately gets bigger as we go along. I'm glad you haven't issues yet -I've definitely had my share...not fun!

A really good person to follow regarding the health dimension IMO is Kuya. She is a wealth of info.

I can have AL in the house but if I don't like it I won't drink it. My husband drinks once in a blue moon but he drinks whiskey - yuk! I've never had Meade. Makes me think of kings and queens and big feasts at court with large tankards of thick syrupy liqud - there's my idea of meade: I should look it up.

Don't know how supportive your husband. Hopefully he's mindful which he sounds to be,

Anyway, please read read read. You get to know the people here and hone in on info and advice and experiences which I know will speak to you.

That's really the strength of MWO I think. So many different people from around the world sharing this goal to get AL under control and heal ourselves.

So stay close and glad you are hear. :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Another n00b!

Hi and welcome. Can I ask where are you from?

I would suggest as a fantastic first step is to goto your doc and discuss your desires with them. They can recomend some possible drugs and vit B as you strip it from your body when you drink.

I to work from home and have easy access to the booze so I know how you are feeling. Maybe start with going AF for 30 days and see how you stand after that?
        If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Another n00b!

martye;1441554 wrote: Hi and welcome. Can I ask where are you from?

I would suggest as a fantastic first step is to goto your doc and discuss your desires with them. They can recomend some possible drugs and vit B as you strip it from your body when you drink.

I to work from home and have easy access to the booze so I know how you are feeling. Maybe start with going AF for 30 days and see how you stand after that?
          I can't discuss this with anyone IRL yet. Too embarrassing. I am on the east coast of the US.

I'd be happy if I could be off alcohol for 7 days, much less 30.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Another n00b!

Kradle123;1441449 wrote: Hi Siren and Welcome! :welcome:

The health dimension of this thing is pretty big and unfortunately gets bigger as we go along. I'm glad you haven't issues yet -I've definitely had my share...not fun!

A really good person to follow regarding the health dimension IMO is Kuya. She is a wealth of info.

I can have AL in the house but if I don't like it I won't drink it. My husband drinks once in a blue moon but he drinks whiskey - yuk! I've never had Meade. Makes me think of kings and queens and big feasts at court with large tankards of thick syrupy liqud - there's my idea of meade: I should look it up.

Don't know how supportive your husband. Hopefully he's mindful which he sounds to be,

Anyway, please read read read. You get to know the people here and hone in on info and advice and experiences which I know will speak to you.

That's really the strength of MWO I think. So many different people from around the world sharing this goal to get AL under control and heal ourselves.

So stay close and glad you are hear. :l
            I'm the same about not drinking what I don't like. But I can't say I haven't thought of it. Mead is a lot like white wine

My husband has a bit of a problem himself and is not entirely supportive. I'll tell him that I want to quit and a few days later he'll get me a bottle of Absolute because its my favorite.

I'm glad I'm here, too.

Comment

Working...
            X