X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Quick Spiral Down

GREAT JOB!!! :l
    dav;1457134 wrote: Day 25

I made it through yesterday no issues. Felt good. But I'm tired tonight. Sleepy time.

I'm not drinking today!
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

The Quick Spiral Down

Day 30

Can't believe it has been 30 days! Taking a road trip. Bye!

I'm not drinking today!

Comment

The Quick Spiral Down

Congrats on this huge milestone. Iam a lurker mostly but
        Iam a day behind you. Day 29 for me.
        Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

The Quick Spiral Down

Everything fell apart. At day 30 I fucked it all up and drank. Been drinking ever since. Today I finally broke down after my wife basically says its over. I called my dad to come down and called my boss and told them I need a medical detox TODAY!

So my dad is on his way and my boss is coming over in a few. My boss was very understanding and is going to keep this to ourselves. I've got such a good job and I was minutes away from blowing it.

The last 3 weeks I have totally failed at everything. Today I tried to "taper" and the shakes and agitation were so bad this morning I had to go out and get something to hold it off.

After lying to my wife on the phone about it and making a few admissions to try and cover everything she lost it cause we are at this point again and I basically don't give a fuck when I'm sneaking and hiding. I have piles of empties. Empty Vodka pints.

So she said screw you and I broke apart. She is furious at me for making the arrangement to get into detox but if she knew how much 2+ pints of vodka a day is and what it is doing to my body...I have to do this. If not for anyone else but for myself and my kids.

I don't know what is going to happen when everyone gets here in an hour. I am off to the medical detox in 4 hours. I'm gonna have to have a drink before then. How am I gonna explain that?

There is NO DOUBT this can spiral out of control and destroy you in a matter of days. I had black stools yesterday and today which is a sign of some type of internal bleeding I bet. My stomach is making noises and the nausea has only been cured by another drink. I sure hope they don't tell me I've destroyed my liver when I get in there.

I want to live and be with my family (if that is even possible). Cautionary tale of spiraling out of control. Don't be like me.

I will try to post some about the reverse intervention before I go but if not I should be back in 3-5 days.

Comment

Working...
          X